Should a girl be blamed for rape based on the clothes she is wearing?

Asked by: Sourgummyworm
  • They shouldn't be blamed completely, but partially yes.

If a woman were intentionally walking around or jogging in just leggings and a bra, it is just going to be a matter of time before she gets raped by a rapist or killed by a serial killer as she should be dressed more appropriately. Even if she believes she should be able to wear whatever she wants out in public. There is such a thing as indecency and it's not just about individual rights, but also the respect for others around you.

• Factors and precautions.

Could I you say it was a little bit of my fault if I got robbed if I desintalled
    my loock and let the door wide open.

Of course I could in every situation there are factors controlled by the victim in this case clothes,body language...

And some a controlled by the aggresor.

It is only logicall for a possible victim to reduce the factors that she controlls to a reasonable extent.

Altough rape should never be considered ACCEPTABLE IT'S WRONG.

• This concept introduces a dangerous inversion of principles...

It would be to say that victims are guilty of luring criminals rather than criminals being guilty of violating rights.

The robber wouldn't be guilty of stealing, the victim would be guilty of having "too much."

The murderer wouldn't be guilty of taking a life, the victim would be guilty of "living."

As a side note, I find it most curious that this premise is often presented by the same Conservatives who chide the entitlement mentality to which, they allege, Liberals subscribe. I can't imagine a more entitlement-driven mind than one that suggests as woman is raped due to her attire, as if a man is entitled to a piece of her simply because her presence tempted his eyes...

Posted by: Tink
  • Rape is Wrong Regardless of Circumstances

There is no circumstance imaginable where rape is justifiable. Rape is always illegal and always should be illegal. What does it matter what clothes she may or may not be wearing? Raping her would be morally wrong and illegal.

If a woman is wearing clothes that suggests that she may be a prostitute it would still be wrong to rape her even if she does turn out to be a prostitute. You are supposed to pay her and then have sex and that may be illegal too but at least it is not rape as well. Raping a prostitute is morally wrong and illegal like raping anybody else.

This is probably the strangest opinion argument I have ever posted. It may be strange, but it is true.

• No it isn't acceptable

A person should have the right to wear what ever they want to wear. Why should the female be the guilty one in a rape situation. People should not have to fear being raped because they are wearing short shorts or a dress. Agreeing with this is the same as saying it's acceptable to rape women.

• Not the victim's fault

There is no type of justification for rape, especially clothing. I can walk around butt naked and it still doesn't give a man the right to put their hands on me. Men walk around with no shirt and don't get raped. Ya'll are really buggin out. Get your life in check.

• Not the victim's fault

• Its never the girls fault.

Just because she is wearing clothes that she is comfortable wearing doesn't mean its okay to rape. Rape is illegal and dishonorable. Yes men can get raped too but that's very rare. Just because a woman's clothes "provoke you" doesn't mean you have to act on your "urges". Stop blaming the victims.

• People can change their mind

It doesn't matter whether she intended to have sex that night, she can back out and change her mind any time and people need to respect that. A guy should learn that her body does not belong to him, if she doesn't want to do it, then he would just have to respect her decision. It wouldn't kill you to refrain from sex.

• Stupid illiterate people

Blaming girls for wearing clothes they want to wear? Isn't that plain injustice? Ask the world if a woman wearing a burqa never got raped. If you're to walk down an alley in the middle of the night wearing a burqa, you should know that it doesn't matter to the group of lecherous creatures whatever the hell you are wearing. If they want to rape you, they god damned will, they will rip that portable prison into pieces and take you anyway, is that too much to get inside your thick skull? Do men not get raped my women? So you're saying men should wear a burqa too? Why isn't that the case when it comes to men? Women and men have equal rights. Gender doesn't come with certain rules.

• What you wear is a form of self expression

I understand that there are women who do dress in an unacceptable way in public (showing cleavage ect) but no person who has been raped should be blamed because of their clothing. Rape can be controlled, it never has to be done. Men should be able to control their own actions. If a woman is walking around and wearing short shorts that show parts of her butt, or a shirt that shows a large section of her boobs, she could be calling out for attention but she is NOT asking for rape. Nobody will ever ask to be raped. Also, again, I do realize that not all clothing is appropriate but many females use clothes to express themselves, which is natural and human. If men are unable to control themselves and rape women because of the clothing they wear, then I personally think they are stupid. MEN CAN CONTROL THEMSELVES, WOMEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO WEAR THE CLOTHING THAT THEY FEEL TO WEAR.
    Rape is NEVER okay.
    Clothing express a person, that's never their way of asking to get raped.