Should a juvenile record be automatically expunged when the person becomes a legal adult?

• A juvenile record should be expunged when the person becomes a legal adult

A juvenile record should be expunged when the person becomes a legal adult. The reasons behind this is that as a juvenile offender, I believe in second chances. I believe the record should be expunged and the offender be given a fresh start in life to pursue whatever he/she desires without the loss of school or job opportunities.

• Yes It Should

I believe the purpose of the juvenile system is to give adolescents a second chance, for this reason it seem appropriate that there juvenile record be expunged automatically when they become an illegal adult. I believe this is far better than letting it follow them into adulthood where it will impact their entire life.

• Of course it should.

A juvenile record should be automatically expunged when the person becomes a legal adult? We can't punish someone for a crime for the rest of their life, especially when it isn't too bad and it was committed before the brain was fully formed. So yes, expunge the record when 18 is reached.

• NOt at all

No, it would be a bad idea to do this, since when the person turns in to an adult that does not mean that they are all changed to be a good person. I think that they need to keep their record so that the people know what they did.

• We need to know.

No, a juvenile record should not be automatically expunged when a person becomes a legal adult, because people usually do not change. Most people with juvenile records go on to have adult records. People have a right to know what these people did when they are children. Victims are more important that privacy.