Should a man charged with slapping a toddler on a flight lose his job?

• The Firing Was Justified

I believe that the man who was fired for slapping the baby should have been let go. What he did was wrong and I do not blame his former employer for wanting to cut ties with him. I wouldn't want that negative attention either. The gentleman should have made a better decision.

• 100% Yes, Of course!

In what realm of consciousness is this even acceptable behavior? No one should ever lay a hand upon a toddler in such a manner. But it also depends, was this man a steward or the toddler's father? If he was the father, then this would have a different set of answers.

• It is completely inappropriate to slap anyone else's child period.

I 100% think this man should lose his job. First of all, it's illegal for you to slap your own children. So for this man to walk free for smacking someone else's child is unacceptable. I understand that 20 years ago, people were more accepting of spanking children, whether it be your's or a neighbor down the street. However, in this day in age, it is smarter just to let the parents deal with their own children.

• Not unless he was the child's nanny.

While slapping a toddler is never acceptable behavior, it does not warrant losing his job, unless his job was to care for the child he assaulted. He's a crappy parent, but that doesn't automatically make him a bad employee. The exception to that would be if his job involved caring for children in any capacity.

• Not unless he was the child's nanny.

• A man should not lose his job for slapping his toddler.

If the man loses his job, the child suffers. I do however believe if the toddler was slapped, and not spanked on the butt, he should be facing some pretty steep charges. He should be sentenced to take parenting classes, he should volunteer at an abuse center. No child, especially a toddler deserves to be slapped!

• Not unless his job is the child's nanny.

While I don't think a toddler should be slapped, ever, it's not grounds for termination. It's certainly poor parenting, and depending on where he hit the child, and how hard he hit, it could be considered abusive. However, unless his job is that child's nanny, he should not lose his job over it