• A final Wish

Everyone should get that final wish. Kind of like the "Make a Wish" foundation. It makes people happy in the worst of times. Whether they want to meet someone, or go somewhere, as long as the wish doesnt cause any sort of harm or danger to others, then yes it should absolutely be granted. Its the last thing theyll ever do. Let them be happy when theyre losing everything.

• Yes, I think so.

Some terminally ill cancer patients, seeing only suffering and indignity ahead, want to die at a time and in a manner of their own choosing. Every country must find a way that fits its culture and institutions, and there is no gold standard on how to approach this issue. Why should anyone be able to tell someone in this position that they can’t just slip away?

• Yes, it should.

Within reason it is important to honor the wishes of a dying person. Most of the time people ask for very reasonable things, such as for a particular person to get the bulk of their estate or for people to stop fighting with one another, or for their ashes to be scattered in a particular place.

• Yes, a person's dying wish should always be granted.

Yes, a person's dying wish should always be granted, even if that person did not live a perfect life. Unless the wish causes harm to others, why should the wish not be granted? We should not let people suffer. If someone wants one last wish to be fulfilled, it should happen.

• Nope not at all

I could agree that we should grant a persons wishes within limits. We can't let a person get away with everything and cause damage to other people just because he's about to leave the earth. So basically we can give the person his wish as long as it doesn't harm anyone.

• Of course not

Rapist got a dying wish? Should we grant it? NO, mass murderer has a last wish, should we grant it? NO

what's so special about a dying person? Now don't think I have no experience with people slowly dying, I've seen my aunt slowly decay and die to cancer in several months, I've cried for months while she was dying and after she died, but I'm still realistic in that she was not special, there are BILLIONS of humans, all of us can be replaced, last wishes are pointless

• What about expense?

What if I leave in my will that I want NASA to construct a spaceship named after me, capable of lasting for hundreds of years for the purposes of colonizing a planet orbiting another solar system, and that I wanted the ship ready in less than a decade?

Not only would that be expensive but the people getting on would only be the ancestors of the people arriving. If there aren't any volunteers would we conscript people to go just to fulfill my dying wish?

Obviously this is an extreme example, but it shows that this concept needs some limitations, and not just that it doesn't hurt anybody. Financial expense is important too.

• No, a person's dying wish should not always be granted.

No, a person's dying wish should not always be granted. If a dying wish involves murder, arson, theft, burglary, or any other activity that would bring harm to other living beings, it should not even be considered. Everyone wants to honor their loved ones, and granting a dying wish is a wonderful way to do that, a long as it doesn't involve death and/or destruction.