• Photo ID Will Definitely Help Fraud

We need photo ID for nearly everything else that we do in this world. This argument that we shouldn't show ID because it is racist or goes against someone's rights. What a sham. Most of these people that supposedly would be affected also have to cash checks using a Photo ID. Why can't they use that? Also, as far as the expense, I believe another stupid argument because in today's world it would cost probably pennies on the dollar and there are many groups that would go to the people to get their ID done. I would be more than willing to help. Enough of this ridiculous excuses for not having a Voter ID. We need to start after this election getting it passed through the courts! I would think that verification would be easy now that we have the computer programs to help with birth certificates and such.

• Need to show who you are to vote!

You can have people who make very little get a free ID. Just offer it to them with their other free benefits.
    I'm sure they come up with an ID in order to get welfare benefits if a person is that poor.
    It's just one more way to keep voter fraud in check.

• If it's not required, we don't know if the voter is 18.

Most 16 and 17 year olds look like 18 year olds, so if IDs ain't required, we could allow them to vote, without ID it's impossible to know how old they are. Also, people can register more than 1 time and say they didn't vote. Therefore we do need IDs to vote.

• Of course photo ID should be required to vote

Photo ID should absolutely be required to vote. Photo ID is required to board an airplane, purchase decongestants, drive and purchase alcohol to name a few. Voting is reserved for citizens only. Voter fraud is rampant, photo ID is necessary to help eliminate the fraud. Without photo ID anyone could pretend to be someone else and vote multiple times. (Whether it is voting for a democrat, republican or independent is irrelevant)

• Absolutely In Every Election

Everyone's vote counts ... But come on ... Living the life of a vagrant who has no identification? Ridiculous. If I have to show my id ... You have to show your id. Yes, I would support a program to provide one free id. If you are not responsible enough to keep hold of your id ... Buy a new one or forfeit your vote. Everything cannot be given to everyone. I work my tail off for my family and you should too.

• I have to show mine, so should everyone else!

Yes, this does prevent fraud. Voter ID does not prevent people from voting unless they are voting illegally. For instance someone voting from and in Michigan and then voting again in their winter home state of Florida. And, yes it prevents illegal immigrants from voting because it should. These people have absolutely no right to vote in an American election without legal citizenship. And, if that makes me a bigot, then so be it.

• Yes of course

You need a I.D to do almost anything. Buy a house, buy a drink, apply for welfare, and etc. Let's to the same for voting. It will make sure the people who are voting are legal and are who they say they are. It common sense people let's do it.

• Photo I.D. Good

Obama and the democrats have been elected because of voter I. D. Fraud. Voters are voting 3 times because of the I. D.'s. The Rebublicans are doing the right thing of trying to support photo ID's. The Cons are just excuses made by Demoncrats so they could get the vote.

• It is needed

We need to have photo ID at the pools to prevent voter fraud. It will NOT decrease minority votes, anyone who is a legal citizen may obtain a form of Photo ID from the state. We need this regulation in our country immediately. Voter fraud is an epidemic. No more illegal voting!

• It doesn't EXCLUDE ANYONE

When you are an American you are a legal citizen, we should NOT take in account for the illegal immigrants they aren't Americans if they want to vote they should have an id like everyone else. It's plain and simple if you are part of the country and you show proof then you can vote, but why would we let people who are sucking money out of our legal citizens pockets vote for the next president who aren't even apart of our country.

• No should not be required to vote

I want documentation on massive voter fraud, I don't think I have seen any studies that show it. There should be proof that voter fraud is taking place before you can institute id requirements. Why is it that conservatives like regulation about voting but gun regulations are not needed. So I guess some regulations are good and some are bad.

• It excludes many people

Minorities make up a majority of inner cities. Many people that live in inner cities do not possess driver's licenses. The fact that minorities make up most of the democratic votes in America, makes me question the true reason behind this requirement. Between 2000 and 2010, there were only 13 cases of in-person voter impersonation!!! Mhmm. This is obviously "Voter Suppression".

• It excludes many people

• Identified when Registering

Your identity is verified when you register to vote. Requiring people to submit photo identification cards at the polling site is just a way to attempt to suppress voters who cannot afford to acquire photo id, either from the associated fees or the time off work required to obtain one.

• Photo IDs cost money, so I say no.

I understand the need for people to identify themselves so they can't vote multiple times, but as long as a photo ID costs money, I don't think it should be a requirement. There's no better way to stop poor people from voting than to require a ~$20 ID. If they were free, it'd be another thing entirely and I'd be fine with it. Most people have a photo ID, yes, but there are some people who are of the age to vote but may be having trouble getting one. Sure it's rare, but it happens.

• No. I don't believe a photo ID is required. But...

Photo ID should not be required to vote. But, some sort of ID is required. Be it rather hunting license or even a drivers license. A regular ID should be mandatory. The person that is voting could have committed a crime and you don't know that if you can't look up their registration.

• No were need to make voting easier

The more road blocks put into place to suppress voters the more people will become disenfranchised in our country.

We need to do everything possible to make voting for all eligible residents as easy as possible so the voice of the people can be heard during our elections not suppressed.

Lots of people may have issues being able to produce their photo ID when their information can be kept on file by the registrars from state to state.

• Registering to vote is enough

As I understand it, voter registration is required in every state. This is sufficient enough process and identification. I don't believe that voter fraud amounts to enough of a problem that we should require more bureaucracy. Honestly, I think requiring a photo ID would increase costs and limit people's ability to vote.

• No a photo ID shouldn't be required to vote

I don't see the point of needing a photo ID to vote, what exactly is that supposed to do? I think a regular set of papers or normal ID even should suffice for this, outside of maybe proving age but beyond that there's really not much need for a photo ID in my estimation. So no I don't think a photo ID should be a requirement to vote.

• Photo Identification Isn't Cheap

Some states have passed laws requiring photo IDs at the polls. To get around poll tax laws, states allow citizens to get one free photo ID. The problem is that there are citizens who don't have required documentation to get such an ID. Copies of birth certificates cost money, sometimes $20 or more. If the ID is lost or when it expires, the free ID requirement goes away. Until every form of identification is free, whether it be a birth certificate or a photo ID, no state should have such a requirement on the books. Otherwise, the fees incurred amount to a poll tax which violates the U.S. Constitution.