• Voter ID should be required everywhere

It doesn't exclude anyone getting a drivers liscense in in my state costs $26 and barely an hour of your time if you can't handle that then deciding who should be in government is way above your head. BTW every state I've looked at will also give a photo ID for about $10 there is no excuse.

• Why is this even a question?

Prevent voter fraud! You need ID for everything else but not to cast your vote for the laws and government officials? Ridiculous! Just got back from the polls - they did not ask for my ID. I could have been anyone as long as I knew an address. Who would be offended or put out by having to show ID?

• Its needed to prove who you are

Without an ID i could say i'm lexy mcIntosh and you wouldn't know the difference between me and the person i'm claiming to be. Their are many people now a days that are claiming to be people who are dead to vote more than one which is not okay with a photo ID you could get ride of the face people and only let the right number of people vote

• Photo ID Will Definitely Help Fraud

We need photo ID for nearly everything else that we do in this world. This argument that we shouldn't show ID because it is racist or goes against someone's rights. What a sham. Most of these people that supposedly would be affected also have to cash checks using a Photo ID. Why can't they use that? Also, as far as the expense, I believe another stupid argument because in today's world it would cost probably pennies on the dollar and there are many groups that would go to the people to get their ID done. I would be more than willing to help. Enough of this ridiculous excuses for not having a Voter ID. We need to start after this election getting it passed through the courts! I would think that verification would be easy now that we have the computer programs to help with birth certificates and such.

• Need to show who you are to vote!

You can have people who make very little get a free ID. Just offer it to them with their other free benefits.
    I'm sure they come up with an ID in order to get welfare benefits if a person is that poor.
    It's just one more way to keep voter fraud in check.

• If it's not required, we don't know if the voter is 18.

Most 16 and 17 year olds look like 18 year olds, so if IDs ain't required, we could allow them to vote, without ID it's impossible to know how old they are. Also, people can register more than 1 time and say they didn't vote. Therefore we do need IDs to vote.

• Of course photo ID should be required to vote

Photo ID should absolutely be required to vote. Photo ID is required to board an airplane, purchase decongestants, drive and purchase alcohol to name a few. Voting is reserved for citizens only. Voter fraud is rampant, photo ID is necessary to help eliminate the fraud. Without photo ID anyone could pretend to be someone else and vote multiple times. (Whether it is voting for a democrat, republican or independent is irrelevant)

• Absolutely In Every Election

Everyone's vote counts ... But come on ... Living the life of a vagrant who has no identification? Ridiculous. If I have to show my id ... You have to show your id. Yes, I would support a program to provide one free id. If you are not responsible enough to keep hold of your id ... Buy a new one or forfeit your vote. Everything cannot be given to everyone. I work my tail off for my family and you should too.

• I have to show mine, so should everyone else!

Yes, this does prevent fraud. Voter ID does not prevent people from voting unless they are voting illegally. For instance someone voting from and in Michigan and then voting again in their winter home state of Florida. And, yes it prevents illegal immigrants from voting because it should. These people have absolutely no right to vote in an American election without legal citizenship. And, if that makes me a bigot, then so be it.

• Yes of course

You need a I.D to do almost anything. Buy a house, buy a drink, apply for welfare, and etc. Let's to the same for voting. It will make sure the people who are voting are legal and are who they say they are. It common sense people let's do it.

• Poll Tax/Discriminatory to minorities and the elderly

Voting is a right. Requiring voters to obtain an ID in order to vote is essentially a poll tax. Although some states issue IDs for free, the birth certificates, passports, or other documents required to obtain a government-issued ID cost money, and many Americans simply cannot afford to pay for them.

As many as 25% of African American citizens of voting age do not have a government-issued photo ID, compared to only 8% of their white counterparts.

18% of Americans over the age of 65 (or 6 million senior citizens) do not have a government-issued photo ID.

• Popular vote does not affect the Electoral college

Everyone should realize that the voting process is solely based on the decision of the electoral college. The votes that are placed have absolutely no impact on the decisions that the members of the college make. Not only is your vote irrelevant, but from the ideas coming from the yes, your vote should not count anyway.

• No should not be required to vote

I want documentation on massive voter fraud, I don't think I have seen any studies that show it. There should be proof that voter fraud is taking place before you can institute id requirements. Why is it that conservatives like regulation about voting but gun regulations are not needed. So I guess some regulations are good and some are bad.

• It excludes many people

Minorities make up a majority of inner cities. Many people that live in inner cities do not possess driver's licenses. The fact that minorities make up most of the democratic votes in America, makes me question the true reason behind this requirement. Between 2000 and 2010, there were only 13 cases of in-person voter impersonation!!! Mhmm. This is obviously "Voter Suppression".

• It excludes many people

• Identified when Registering

Your identity is verified when you register to vote. Requiring people to submit photo identification cards at the polling site is just a way to attempt to suppress voters who cannot afford to acquire photo id, either from the associated fees or the time off work required to obtain one.

• Photo IDs cost money, so I say no.

I understand the need for people to identify themselves so they can't vote multiple times, but as long as a photo ID costs money, I don't think it should be a requirement. There's no better way to stop poor people from voting than to require a ~$20 ID. If they were free, it'd be another thing entirely and I'd be fine with it. Most people have a photo ID, yes, but there are some people who are of the age to vote but may be having trouble getting one. Sure it's rare, but it happens.

• No. I don't believe a photo ID is required. But...

Photo ID should not be required to vote. But, some sort of ID is required. Be it rather hunting license or even a drivers license. A regular ID should be mandatory. The person that is voting could have committed a crime and you don't know that if you can't look up their registration.

• No were need to make voting easier

The more road blocks put into place to suppress voters the more people will become disenfranchised in our country.

We need to do everything possible to make voting for all eligible residents as easy as possible so the voice of the people can be heard during our elections not suppressed.

Lots of people may have issues being able to produce their photo ID when their information can be kept on file by the registrars from state to state.

• Registering to vote is enough

As I understand it, voter registration is required in every state. This is sufficient enough process and identification. I don't believe that voter fraud amounts to enough of a problem that we should require more bureaucracy. Honestly, I think requiring a photo ID would increase costs and limit people's ability to vote.