Should a student's grade in gym class affect their GPA?

• Yes if math should count why not gym?

Oh no your gym mark will bring down your gpa and it will be harder for you to get into a university for math well guess what people go to university trying to be a gym teacher and their English marks count too so stop being selfish and only thinking of your side everyone is bad at different things just try harder in gym like everyone else does who studies hard for math

• Yes i agree

I am good at sports and it will raise my GPA, my grade from normal classes are not that good but with help of gym classes. I am a sports man and i want to continue my career as a sportsman. But my uni does not want to do GPA as PE class

• Yes for it

I think that it should afect your gpa because some people just dont try to do gym so if it does it will help them become a better athlete and if they dont try there grade will be bad and noowne likes bad grades so they will try and if they dont they will get bad grades

• Health getting better

See if they would actually focus in gym classes and train a lot, at the same time health and fitness is improved. And it can an opportunity to improve their grades. Some people may argue that some students are not good at sports, but they can train and become athletes maybe, but if they do actually focus i think they will pass

• Brings your GPA up easily

IIn my school, gym does not count in our GPA, but I wish it did. In the school I go to, your gym grade is based on if you try, if your there, if you're wearing your gym uniform, and if you get into your heart rate target zone on heart rate days. It easy to say that I never try in gym and I currently have a 100%. If gym was put into my GPA then it would go up .

• Brings your GPA up easily

• Brings your GPA up easily

• Yes it should

I think it should becuz i like me so gym. AND PEOPLE ARE FATTYS. Plus i have more authorities then my dog so....... Ya im a god. Now ima turn me some supa sayian blue godd!!!!!! They also choose favorites whom they choose to be the demo for everything and not let others have a chance. Please, GIVE US BETTER PE OR TAKE IT AWAY COMPLETELY!

• Yes yes totally

Hrdgiulaubgfluhadliufah fdhsbJLdf hsfshndbv b b b vhh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h u hu u hu b j h iuh iu h iuh ui h iu hi uh iu h iuh iu h iuh u h uih ui uh u

• Yes yes totally

• Look at why people on the YES side want it...EASILY brings up your GPA

A good portion of those supporting the GYM should be included in your GPA are stating reasons that in themselves are just exactly why it shouldn't be included. They state you can easily bring up your GPA. That's not what education and learning is about. It shouldn't be easy, it should be preparing you for college, and the real world by making you more competitive in the work place and helping our society. If you the reason you want a class is because you can bring up your GPA easily then there is a true flaw in our system. Gym is about physical health not knowledge that will better our children, our companies or country. We want the best and brightest to lead us to a better future always. Why would we hinder and hold back kid's GPA scores by performing poorly in GYM that is absurd. Let's all be a little smarter and realize the difference between academics and physical education.

• Look at both sides

No, it shouldn't because there are some kids who have no strengths in gym at all. I am an athlete, so gym comes easy to me, but for some kids it's their worst part of their day. Gym should be graded on if they are participating and having a good attitude. I also do agree that kids should still be getting in shape. It is not healthy for a kid to not move around for 30 minutes a day.

• Of course not

It shouldn't matter because this wouldn't help students later in life, GPA is supposed to be education wise, not athletic wise. Some people are skinny and they still fail in gym. Allowing gym to affect peoples 4.0 GPA basically will bring a lot of smart kids down who succeed in their academic classes.

• Think of the non-athletic kids

No, because there are kids that were born larger than others. Those kids can't help it, they were just born that way. People do make the argument that, "if kids have to train in math or other subjects, why not include gym?" But I believe that just isn't reasonable. School is for education, the fact that you have to do gym is unfortunate for some kids.

• Think of the non-athletic kids

• No i dont

No because some students are not mentally fit like others and u dont come to school to be judge by ur strenght but to learn and thats not going to take u any where unless u want to be a athelete and that should not be fair because gym should also be a fun class not to be judged by your abilties

• No i dont

• No i dont

• Yes, gym is a class

And your effort and capability should be graded but, your gym mark shouldn't affect your GPA. By lowering a students GPA because of a bad mark in gym class you're saying that they're bad in their overall marks. They can be the most academically inclined person but get a low GPA because of gym class

• No, I do not think it should affect students.

I don't think it should affect students because I myself am a student in the modern world and I see how things have changed since back then and i believe math science and arts are way more important than being graded on a sport you don't even like or how far and fast you can run, some people, like myself, wasn't even strong enough to complete a lot of physical activity. If you believe it is important then that's you, not everyone cares on a percentage on who agrees or disagrees, if you like gym, hooray for you because just like being on a sports team is an elective, physical education should be an elective.