Should a successor to Menachem Mendel Schneerson be named?

• The leadership would help.

Yes, a successor to Menachem Mendel Schneerson should be named, because he would provide a great deal of leadership to the Jewish community. Schneerson has been dead since 1994. It would provide a great deal of unification to the community if someone could be named to take their place. A figurehead is an important leader in any community.

• Menachem Mendel Schneerson

I personally think that ChanaChana Schneerson, the mother of Menachem Mendel, has noted in her memoirs that when Yosef Yirzchok was permitted to leave the USSR in 1927, "he submitted a list of those for whom he requested an exit visa to accompany him." And that "the list included my son, ng may he live". She then notes that "for each one on the list individually, the Rebbe Chana Schneerson, the mother of Menachem Mendel, has noted in her memoirs that when Yosef Yirzchok was permitted to leave the USSR in 1927, "he submitted a list of those for whom he requested an exit visa to accompany him." And that "the list included my son, M.M., long may he live". She then notes that "for each one on the list individually, the Rebbe (Yosef Yitzchok) gave a reason for his request — a reason the Soviet government officials had to find satisfactory. When they came to his request for our son, however, they asked the Rebbe (Yosef Yitzchok) why he needed him. He replied that he wanted him as a son-in-law, to marry his daughter.(Yosef Yitzchok) gave a reason for his request — a reason the Soviet government officials had to find satisfactory. When they came to his request for our son, however, they asked the Rebbe (Yosef Yitzchok) why he needed him. He replied that he wanted him as a son-in-law, to marry his daughter. Schneerson, the mother of Menachem Mendel, has noted in her memoirs that when Yosef Yirzchok was permitted to leave the USSR in 1927, "he submitted a list of those for whom he requested an exit visa to accompany him." And that "the list included my son, M.M., long may he live". She then notes that "for each one on the list individually, the Rebbe (Yosef Yitzchok) gave a reason for his request — a reason the Soviet government officials had to find satisfactory. When they came to his request for our son, however, they asked the Rebbe (Yosef Yitzchok) why he needed him. He replied that he wanted him as a son-in-law, to marry his daughter.

• Successor should be named

A successor to Menachem Mendel Schneerson should be named quickly in order to make a smooth transition. This should be a quick process ithout alot of arguments and public disagreements. If a successor is not named then it will just cause unnecessary alarm and panic among the genreal public. This does not need to happen.

• No, I do not think Menachem Mendal Schneerson needs a successor.

I think that Menachem Mendel Schneerson does not need a successor to be named. It has been about twenty years since his death and I think the reason his followers have not named a successor since is because they do not feel that it is necessary to have somebody take his place.

• Not quite yet

No, I do not think that they need to name a guy to take his place just yet. I think that they need to wait until he is about to have to leave, or until he gets sick, then go ahead and name a guy to come in and take his place.