Should a tomato be a fruit (yes) or a vegetable (no)?

Asked by: Donnie-McKay
  • According to botanists, the tomato is a fruit.

A fruit is defined as the part of the flower that develops in the ovary and has seeds contained. Bam. Tomato. In cooking, it is indeed a vegetable because veggies are in savory cooking not sweets, and are served over dinner. However, in the world of science the tomato is a fruit.

• A tomato is certainly a fruit

A tomato is a seed bearing structure derived from the ovary of a flowering plant. That is literally the definition of a fruit. Everything from pea pods, tomatoes, bananas, chestnuts are fruit in a biological sense. That doesn't mean you put them in your fruit salad. Vegetable, on the other hand, refers to other parts of the plant, such as the stem, leaves, or roots.

• Duh it a vegetable.

They look like a vegetable so there for they are a vegetable. They may have the qualities of a fruit but they are a vegetable. I don't even like this VEGETABLE. I just wanted to put my opinion out there. Bibidy bopidy boo. I like pumpkin. Pumpkin is good. Pumpkin is yummy.

• It needs to be a vegetable.

Even though the tomato is called a fruit, it really needs to be changed to vegetable. How many people have you seen say they want to bake a "Tomato" pie for a holiday? Pies are mostly made from fruit. You don't ever see "Subway" offering fruit to put on any sandwiches. They use all vegetables, and tomatoes is in the mixture of vegetable that is offered as a topping for the sandwiches.

• Tomatoesareevil.Com (I needed 2 more words)

Tomatoesareevil.Com

KNOW THE TRUTH!!

ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ヽ(`Д´)ノ \( ̄<  ̄)>

• Why is it a fruit any way?

Tomato should not be a fruit just because it has seeds. Eggplants and cucumbers have seeds, but are not considered a fruit. Tomato's should still be a vegetable because it was one in the first place. The logic behind all of this fruit stuff is nonce, none of it makes any sense.