Should a video feature in the black box be required to provide insight into airplane accidents today?

• Yes, a video feature should be included in the blackbox on board aircraft.

A video feature should be included because often times with audio alone it is difficult to depict and recreate what happened to find out why the plane crashed. Commercial airlines are responsible for millions of people that fly there airline, and for this reason they should be required to have a video feature in the cockpit so in the case they do have an accident, they can inform what happened to families and authorities with a better response time and accuracy.

• A video feature in the black box should be required to provide insight into airplane accidents today.

A video feature in the black box should be required to provide insight into airplane accidents today. The black box should capture a video recording as well as audio recording of the cockpits that can be reviewed to determine the cause of an accident in the even that a plane does crash and the black boxes are recovered.

• Yes, I believe a video feautre in the black box should be required to provide insight into airplane accidents today.

I believe that as long as our technology allows us to put a video camera in there while not interrupting all the other instruments in the black box then it should be something we include, I believe visual evidence could be key in studying why a particular crash happened in an aircraft.

• It should not be required but would be helpful.

I do not think that this should be required by every airline, but I do not see why any airline would not want one of these in their planes. This would hold their pilots more accountable for their actions, making better flights for everyone and increasing the trust in that airline.