• I think that all biological machines should be considered life forms.

According to the laws of life, if it can't reproduce it's self sexually or asexually, then it's not alive, however, that would mean that all infertile creatures are not alive. If I were to get sterilized, I'm no longer alive. This is a very confusing rule, and I think that it should be changed or removed from the requirements of life.

• Yes, it is living.

Yes, a virus should be considered a lifeform, because it is very powerful. A virus at its worst can inflict a great deal of damage and even kill. It feels no different than having a bacteria. Because the damage and suffering inflicted is similar, viruses should be considered a life form, just like a bacteria.

• A parasitic life is still life

The main issue that people feel separates a virus from life is its ability to reproduce itself without help. Looking at some intracellular parasitic bacteria, we see a similar requirement. Why is that bacterium considered life while a virus is not? It seems to me that there's not a significant difference. Its lack of cell machinery doesn't suffice either.

• Not really ,

Because they have to hack into other cells, to reproduce (reproduction is one of the qualification for living things), They use the life of other cells to duplicate and eventually take over the whole body if nothings done about it. Then agin I understand your prospective, to be honest it docent really effect any future research if its alive or not cause it will always act the same way.

• It does not meet the standards.

Viruses cannot reproduce on its own, are not made of living cells, do not use energy or obtain energy, do not respond to environment, do not produce waste, etc. The list goes on and on, but viruses generally do not satisfy any requirements of life. Anybody who disagrees just doesn't know the requirements for a thing to be living.

• No, does not meet the standards.

Bacteria is a living thing, parasites are living things, so why aren't viruses? Viruses require a host cell to reproduce and do things that a bacteria can do perfectly on their own, such as infect. Viruses are complicated assemblies of molecules, including proteins, nucleic acids, lipids, and carbohydrates, but on their own they can do nothing until they enter a living cell. Without cells, viruses would not be able to multiply. Therefore, viruses are not living things.