Should Abercrombie & Fitch carry plus-size clothes?

• Yes, I think they should make plus sizes.

If it is image they are worried about, they are discriminating against larger women. I don't think it would hurt for them to have some plus-size clothing and it may actually help their image. It will show they care about the larger people, and they want to have the same opportunity to look good. I think the fact that store specialize in smaller people, or larger people is wrong.

• They shouldn't be so biased

They're biased towards fat people. Do fat people eat too much? Yes. Do they deserve to be ostracized and reminded of how much people hate them when they walk into A&F? NO ABSOLUTELY NOT! Fat shaming is a major problem in western society. Them being fat doesn't hurt anyone morally, religiously, politically, nor biologically.

• No, if that's not their target buyers then they don't have too.

I personally don't believe that Abercrombie and Fitch should carry plus size clothes if they don't want to. It's not discriminating against larger women it's simply choosing a smaller target audience for their clothes. Plus size stores don't have to stock smaller or average sizes because that is not who they're trying to sell too.

• Bigger is Better

Why not sell clothes that will fit taller, wider, bigger people? I banned that store long ago because of the way they treated both my daughter & I because we were not size 2 or less! I say just don't buy their products at all! I really think its a shame they ridicule both guys and girls who don't fit their so-called skinny perfect image-great way to do business in this era. They are breaking the law as well if they are not hiring someone based on their weight, right? Their clothes are way over priced and I will tell anyone I know to never purchase clothes there period!

• No, I think it messes with the image they try to send

I would prefer if they did to be honest, it might even increase their profits. I don't think they are trying to send that message though. The company seems to be more concerned with showing a certain level of perfection and prestige, and as bad as that sounds, having plus size clothing would conflict with the stereotypical idea of perfect.

• No, not if they don't want to.

First off, I AM a plus sized woman. And while I do adore some of their lines and wouldn't mind seeing then in sizes I could fit, I fully recognize that they are a privately owned label. Their designers shouldn't be pressed to accommodate parameters they don't wish to. A lot of times, it isn't just a matter of adding another two inches the should shoulder or inseam, you have to make a lot of little changes to size garments up above 'large'. Just as some labels specialize in plus size only, some are more comfortable doing the opposite.

• No, not if they don't want to.

• No, Abercrombie & Fitch should not carry plus-sized clothes.

No, Abercrombie & Fitch should not carry plus-sized clothes. That is like asking Lane Bryant to carry men clothing. They both have their market place and I think they should continue operating the same way without changes. I think they profit enough as it is without having to change anything in their store.

• No, they shouldn't!

It isn't fair that large people can have their own stores while small people can't! I understand that America is full of large people, but small people also have their needs, too. I'm not saying this because I am naturally thin, but because I'm thinking outside the box. I don't have a difficult time finding clothes, but I know thin people who do. A&F should stay with their current sizes! But I do think the CEO of A&F is a jerk...

• Lane Bryant doesn't sell clothes for skinny people.

There are many stores that cater only to "plus size" women, not to mention the stores that cater to "big and tall", why is it that a store that doesn't' sell larger clothes should have to start because some people got upset, you don't see people who wear smaller sizes getting upset over the stores that cater to larger people. People just want something to complain about and turn it into discrimination, bullying or whatever they want to call it. It makes no sense that a company who has been this way since they were founded should suddenly have to change because someone is being a cry baby.

• Freedom of choice should win NOT dictatorship

Why would a plus size person want to shop in this store anyhow. Plus size had Lane Bryant and no one tells them to carry small size clothing. No one make 5-7-9 offer plus sizes, why should Abercrombie & Fitch be forced to carry plus sizes?
    Everyone needs to get real, and let each person be what they want to be and let the companies decide what they want o off or what they don't want to offer. If you choose to eat right, work out and can fit in Abercrombie clothes, good for you. If you choose to be a plus size, then get off you high horse and don't worry what the thin people of the world do. You have your specialty stores, let the thin people have theirs.
    I'm a plus size and I don't want to Abercrombie to shop but I go there for my granddaughters cause they are blessed to be a size 00 and 1.
    Get over yourself, and let FREEDOM of choice win.

• This country is founded on free commerce and free speech.

If a company had a branded image they have decided they want to stick with that is their choice. Let them live or die by the sword if you don't like it don't shop there. Personally I can fit in their clothes but I have never shopped there and never will but them making that statement and sticking to it might just change my mind.

• Let capitalism rule

I think they have made their stand so they should be left alone. Let them stand or fall by their beliefs. If we start demanding companies to do what makes every one "feel" good then we will never be able to be individuals or learn to stand up for what you believe.