• Pro-life for life.

No, I don't actually see how in any way it sounds stupid to say it could be a life. In fact, it's highly probable to become a life. If a woman got herself pregnant (So I'm not counting rape victims) then it's her problem. She could have chosen to not risk impregnating herself- unless she's prepared to give birth, it's disgusting to go about just impregnating themselves. To start the next generation sex is a noble cause, for personal greed and joy it is not. So unless there is not a realistic chance of the baby being born, she should have to face the consequences of her actions just like anyone else. If the chances are below 100% chance of either the baby being born, or the mother's living, then I suppose we can let them off the hook- but to have sex for the sake of having sex is disgusting, so if the mother willingly had sex, and the child and the mothers chance of survival combine to be higher than 100%, then abortion should not be an option. If they combine to higher than 100%, that makes it over a 50% chance we'll have 2 people in the world where one used to be, and so far as I'm concerned, unless the mother was unwillingly impregnated, then the birth should commence.

• I would be for abortion but..

Why does the government (the people's money) have to pay for your mistake? If your not ready for a kid don't have sex. If you do and get pregnant that is your fault. There are other things out there like adoption. There are thousands of woman that can't have kids that want them and they have to many times wait 5-10 years and sometimes don't even get one.
    Also its illegal not illegal. Im sure I have mistakes in mine but I didn't make the question.

• Yes it should

A foetus is a human being, because it is a organism of the human species. Human beings have human rights, namely a right to life and liberty. It follows that a foetus has a right to life. The government exists to protect our rights, so should ban abortion in order to protec the foetus's right to life.

An abortion is almost never justified because it violates the non-aggression principle (we should never initiate an aggression against another human being). An abortion aggresses against the foetus, and hence isn't justified.

Ergo, abortion should be illegal.

• Definitely, it should be.

Since the legalization of abortion in 1973, over 56 million unborn children have been killed. The first and foremost instinct of humans is preservation of life. This begins with self-preservation, and extends to all humanity through domestic bonds and realization of a like nature. The Coalition on Abortion/Breast Cancer reports: "28 out of 37 worldwide studies have independently linked induced abortion with breast cancer. Thirteen out of fifteen studies conducted on American women report increased risk.
    Source: http://www.tfpstudentaction.org/politically-incorrect/abortion/10-reasons-why-abortion-is-evil.html

• Women already have a choice abortion isn't necessary

The term pro-choice is misleading

A woman already has the choice to use birth control pills, condoms (they even make female condoms now), contraceptives, or even "gasp" abstinence. All of these methods should prevent an unwanted pregnancy. If a woman fails to be responsible and use some form of birth control then she may become pregnant. It is because of the choices that she made that she became pregnant. So the way I see it. If you choose to have unprotected sex you choose to have a baby. If a woman isn't responsible and gets pregnant she should have to face the consequences. If she cannot afford the baby adoption is another choice. If she doesn't want to have the baby because she is embarrassed or because she fears the pain of childbirth then that is selfish and immature. A person like that doesn't deserve to be called a woman, they are a little girl. This is why our world has so many problems, people don't want to face the consequences of their actions.

• Violating Human Rights is not a choice

The presence of a fetus in a human body means life. A Human Life. Although he isn't strong enough to fight for his life, nor sufficiently developed and educated to make a choice, he is still a homo sapien nevertheless. One of the most important components of Human Rights is life, which cannot be taken under any circumstances, even the worst ones. I mean, most of the world today condemns death penalty for most likely the worst of the worst criminals in jail, but they support abortion? That's hypocrite.
    I see that most of the people who support abortion reasons that it is in the name of choice and freedom, but as humans, would the right to live for the fetus be sacrificed for another's choice? Imagine a world where terrorists get to kill without punishment because of that same reason: personal choices and freedom. Simply, abortion is another word for killing.

• Abortion is willful murder http://main.Nc.Us/spchurchofchrist/ABORTION.Htm

The Assyrian Codex in 1100 B.C. Stated that abortion was punishable by impalement. Persian law in 600 B.C. Called abortion willful murder.

Note what Josephus, in his histories of the Jews, states concerning abortion, "The law orders all the offspring to be brought up, and forbids woman either to cause abortion or to make away with the fetus, a woman convicted of this is regarded as an infanticide because she destroys a soul and diminishes the race."

The United States is a country where 5,500 abortion clinics abort 30% of all pregnancies. In our nation's capital there are three abortions performed for every one live birth, and this is not uncommon. Since 1980 abortions have outnumbered live births in 18 metropolitan areas of the United States. The shame of this problem is reflected in the statistic that 99% of all abortions are performed on demand. This means that the only prerequisite that is demanded of the mother is her desire to rid herself of the developing fetus. For years we have heard the cry that if abortions were abolished, "What would happen to the woman who finds herself in the position of having been raped, involved in incest, has a severe fetal deformity, or her life is at stake?" The way this argument is presented leads one to believe that abortions are here because of such cases. However, let us not blind you with the facts! Only 1% of the abortions performed annually in this country are for rape, incest, fetal deformity, or the mother's health. Many believe that the percentage is even smaller than this. Let us note a fact concerning pregnancy in the case of rape or incest. "The case of rape and incest is really a non-issue because of its rare occurrence. It is estimated that in 5,000 to 10,000 rapes, only one pregnancy will result. In a typical US city with a population of 500,000 that would be one case every 10 to 20 years!"

There are at least five major procedures that are used to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. (1) The vacuum suction method. "The vacuum is so powerful that the baby is instantly broken up into a fluid mass of blood, tissue, and cartilage." (2) The cutting up method. "The doctor just slices the baby into pieces inside the womb of the mother. The skull is crushed with the forcepts to reduce its size for the withdrawal." (3) The surgical method. "The abdomen of the mother is surgically opened and the baby removed. The baby is then either used in experiments or else burned or drowned in water." (4) The Saline Method. "A salt solution is injected into her amniotic sac where the baby is literally burned to death -in effect pickling the baby. The baby may thrash about for a few moments, but soon it becomes perfectly still and dies.

• Yes, abortion is an evil and should be illegal

The main argument from the pro-choice side of the debate is that a woman should have the right to make decisions over their body. However this argument doesn't make sense considering that the baby is in her body, not part of her body. The baby is a separate human being, with its own brain, DNA and heart beat. When the baby kicks in the womb, the baby is controlling that, not the mother. Knowing this, how can someone be convinced that a baby is part of the mother when it is clearly a separate being.

Another way enthusiastic abortion advocates likely to pretend is that abortion is something that never really happens and therefore isn't a problem. But the problem with this is that abortion kills catastrophic and colossal amounts of human being. Each year in the US over 1 million babies die each year from the evils of abortion, that is about 1 in every 4 pregnancies. And of the total number of abortions each year only about 1% of those is from rape, incest, fetal deformity, or the mother's health. How could someone support this vile practice with these shocking numbers?

One way pro-death people attempt to get around that fact that they will be killing someone is to set a certain point when they believe it becomes murder. If it is set before the baby can survive outside the womb, it would make sense to abort the baby since you wouldn't kill someone on life support. What about before brain waves are detectable? But using the same principle as before, you would kill someone with brain damage if you know that they will be functioning in the future. Finally what about when it is just a bunch of cells? Again this does not make sense because everyone is technically a bunch of cells.

Adoption is the answer to unwanted babies, not abortion. As I have all ready mentioned, over 1 million babies are aborted each year in the US, but why should someone abort their baby if there is over 2 million people is the US looking to adopt. Hence, there is no such thing as an unwanted child and you are taking away that child from a loving family.

Making abortion illegal should also benefit the economy with the increase in the birth rate. Economist and politician constantly go on about our aging population, if abortion was to be made illegal than the economy will enjoy a boost in the number of young worker which will be a good thing for us all and we will not have to deal with the immorality of abortion.

• It should be

Proverbs 6:16-19:
    "There are six things the Lord hates,
    seven that are detestable to him:
    haughty eyes,
    a lying tongue,
    HANDS THAT SHED INNOCENT BLOOD,
    a heart that devises wicked schemes,
    feet that are quick to rush into evil,
    a false witness who pours out lies
    and a person who stirs up conflict in the community."

• A fetus is a human

Abortion is wrong because its not giving the baby (fetus) a chance. A fetus will become a human, therefor its life. How can you sit there and murder innocent babies. People are shadowed by the fact that they don't believe a fetus really "counts" as a living being; well since it will become a human, it does count.

• I am PRO CHOICE

"Oh shes pregnant and isnt ready to be a mother? Who cares! Make her go threw 9 months of pain and then hours of more pain, because she should have a choice what to do with her body because the baby should have a choice, not her!" Shut up shut up shut up shut the UFCK UP. YOU CANNOT FORCE A WOMAN INTO DOING THINGS SHE DOES NOT WANT TO DO WITH HER BODY! NOT YOUR BODY! NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! Oh wow, shes such a horrible person for having a period! She needs to turn that period into a child! Think of what that period could have been! IT could have been a life!' See how STUPID you sound?

"I am pro-choice because I believe women’s lives matter. I am pro-choice because I think women themselves are the best people to decide when and if they get pregnant, give birth, and raise children. I am pro-choice because I believe that the right to control your own reproduction is a fundamental right, and is protected both under our Constitution and basic human rights ideals — and I believe that fundamental right includes the right to prevent pregnancy, the right to get pregnant, the right to carry a pregnancy to term, and the right to terminate a pregnancy. I am pro-choice because I believe that if we outlaw a woman’s right to terminate a pregnancy, there is no legal argument against forcing a woman to terminate a pregnancy, or disallowing certain people from reproducing. I am pro-choice because I do not believe that anyone should be subject totalitarian laws which impose unwanted occupations on certain classes of people. I am pro-choice because I don’t believe that women should be legally compelled to maintain another life at the expense of her own wishes, her body, her health, or even her life. I am pro-choice because I don’t believe that women’s bodies should be used against our will. I am pro-choice because I believe that compulsory pregnancy and childbirth is immoral, cruel, and flies in the face of basic notions of freedom, liberty, and human rights. I am pro-choice because I believe that forcing women to carry pregnancies against their will is involuntary servitude. I am pro-choice because I believe that children should be wanted, their entrances into the world joyous occasions — that they should never be considered punishment. I am pro-choice because I want women to be physically and emotionally healthy. I am pro-choice because I don’t believe that pregnancy should be a punishment (or, as anti-choicers say, a “consequence”) of sex. I am pro-choice because I realize that my rights to birth control, to have children, to make my own decisions, to be a fully autonomous human being all hinge on my very basic ability to decide when and if I reproduce."

• Republicans are Jerks

They say they're in favor of small government, but they also want the government to control a woman's uterus.
    They say they're against rape, but want the victim to raise the child of the rapist. If they truly cared for the victim they'd let her get an abortion.
    They say they're against incest yet don't want children resulting from incest to be aborted.
    They say that God doesn't like abortions when there are abortions in the bible.
    Http://skepticsannotatedbible.Com/says_about/abortion.Html
    Such double standards should not be tolerated.

• Abortion is acceptable.

The fetus frankly doest have the characteristics for personhood untill very late in the pregnancy. If we were to give fetuses personhood rights, we would also have to give almost every vertebrate personhood rights. Take the lab rat as an example, they have brains larger than the early fetus itself, yet we still kill millions of them to harvest antibodies and conduct research. It is clear that humanity doesnt simply value things that live, they value what is emotianally complex, and conscious.

• NO it should not

NO it sould not be illigal. Every woman should have their own rights and be able to make a choice wether or not they want to give birth and go into labor and pain and all that stuff. They should have a choice. USA is a FREE country and it should STAY that way. If I were to ever get pregnant, Id get an abortion asap. I dont want a child, and I dont want to have to go threw all that pain. I really dgaf what others think of me, because Im a woman and I have rights to my own body. End of story.

• Shouldn't be illegal, but should have tighter regulations and criteria for qualification.

Since there are so many different circumstances and scenarios behind the pregnancy and the choice to abort, each should be examined individually.

I am generally pro-choice, but I have shifted my position from being allowed to abort upon request to being allowed to abort under extenuating/appropriate/justifiable circumstances.

All cases involving rape victims and overall health of the woman and the offspring shouldn't even be subject to debate. Pro-life and religious fanatics don't seem to care about these matters, they just want more children because they 'belong to god and we need more church members'.

In cases where health matters are not a concern, there needs to be at least some formal processes that evaluate the woman's reasons, and it should at least be consensual between both parents (that is, assuming the father didn't just walk off and wants nothing to do with the woman). I cannot rationalize it when both parents are on opposite ends of the spectrum, and a decision is made against the other parent's will (they both bear the responsibility in my opinion).

As for cases where they're not ready for this (assuming no health concerns or conflicts among the parents decision exists), life is full of things that we didn't want or didn't want it now, but often times we have to step up and deal with it.

I maintain my position on being pro-choice, and that it should remain legal, but I'd call for tighter regulations and criteria for qualifying, as well as provision of support services (social and financial) post-birth to ensure that the newborns are in the hands of good and suitable parents.

• Pro happiness for anyone

If a women gets raped and gets pregnant from a rapist, she should most definitely not be forced to have that child. A baby that is in the 1st trimester could not even be considered alive let alone have rights. A women should not have to go through birth if she does not want to have a child that is her choice not the governments.

• Nope nope nope

I am a male and I agree that all woman should have a choice of what to do with their bodies. If they do not want to go threw the pain of childbirth and do not want the emotional trauma or anything of the sort, then they should have the right to abort the fetus. Its not alive yet anyways so what try to 'save it'. End of story. Bye.

• No it souldnot

It should NOt be illigal. Fetus in the first trimester can not feel anything. The woman can. Its their body, their choice. The fetus body doesnt matter in this case, being that it is not a human and it can not feel. People who care more about the fetus than the human that has to go threw everything because of it, are ignorate and selfish. You could argue that the woman is selfish, but is she really? Just because she does not want to go threw emotional damage, physical pain, and mental trauma does NOT mean she is selfish. Think about the woman who is already ALIVE. Not the fetus who is NOT.

• Definitely Pro Choice

Abortion should not only be safe and legal, it should be rare.
    Read more at http://www.notable-quotes.com/c/clinton_bill.html#uADyelrE3xthxyWs.99

I believe that it is the mother's choice. It's honestly none of our business what a woman wants to do with her child. We don't know the situation the mother was in (why she got pregnant in the first place), and the age of the mother. I think that there should be stricter regulations, but that it is still an option. I also think that women need to feel support if they are getting an abortion, not getting yelled at because they're "killing a defenseless human being."

• I am Pro-Life not Pro-Birth.

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that it makes you pro-life. In Fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there.

That's not Pro-life. That's pro-Birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is. " - Sister Joan Chittister Benedictine Nun,