Should abortions be legal in cases of rape and incest?

• Yes, I Would Agree That it Should.

I believe that abortions in general are a destruction of a life, but I would have to say allowing a woman the right to have an abortion in these cases is simply humane. Of course, women should be counseled on other options than abortion, but I can't see forcing a woman to take a child to full term under those conditions.

• Yes, Abortions Should Be Legal.

Abortions need to be legally available. Women have the right to choose what happens to their bodies. Forcing women to go through back alley channels for dangerous abortions would be harmful to everyone. This is especially true in tragic cases where a woman has been abused, like in cases of rape or incest.

• Yes, It Needs To Be Totally Legal

Abortion is a woman's right to control her own body. There should be no limitations to that what so ever, but it is especially try for victims of rape and incest. Forcing a woman to bare such a child is abusive and tantamount to torture. It's a complicated situation that a right-or-wrong approach will never help.

Posted by: rpr
  • I believe it should

The reason i believe this is because when a women gets raped it isn't wanted. If you were the one, you wouldn't want to wake up every morning thinking about the fetus and how it happened. Some people can't live with thinking, i didn't want this child. Yes, God wouldn't want you to kill a baby but, he wouldn't want a rapist coming around targeting women or children. There is something different about incest, if you know that you are with a relative then, you nasty. If you didn't know that you were with a relative then i believe that you should aboard it because it might have birth defects not all the time but most of the time it is fatal. Once again ya filthy animals abortions should be legal if it is rape or incest.

• Yes it should

I'm not completely sure where I stand on abortion, however I do believe that in cases such as this abortion is justified. Why force a woman to go through 9 months of emotional and physical pain just to have a baby that is not hers? If she wants to keep the baby then it's her choice, however a full pregnancy under this circumstance should not be forced.

• Yes, they should

I'm as adverse to people using abortion as a form of last resort birth control as the next person, but I'm fully in support of it in these situations. The potential child in these situations is one that is going to be born into a home that always thinks of painful memories when looking upon it, and in the case of incest severe deformities are a lot more likely.

• No One Wants a Baby Conceived by Violent Means

Who wants to give birth to a baby conceived because of a violent rape or disgusting incest? If a woman's rights are violated in the first place, she has a right to abort the baby that came about from said violation. Rape and incest already scar women for life--there is no need to make the horrific event worse by forcing the woman to bring the baby to term.

• Just my opinion

I honestly believe that in extreme cases, yes, abortion should be legal in rape cases, ONLY. If someone is attacked and brutally raped/molested, and ends up being pregnant, they should not be obligated to go through that particular child birth. However, they should have a time limit as to when they can have it done.

• Abortion Is A Personal Choice

I believe abortion should be legal, especially for those involved in a case of rape or incest. I believe abortion is a very personal option that should be discussed between a woman and her physician. I think it is wrong to turn it into a political issue and I think it is wrong for people to force their opinions on others.

• Yes, they should.

Abortions should always be a legal option for a woman, but particularly in cases of rape and incest. I believe that it would be particularly disturbing and heinous to force a woman to carry a baby that she didn't ask for and a baby of a person who forced themselves on her.

• Yes, a fetus is a baby and is alive.

Soon as a baby has a heartbeat it is a living creature and doesn't deserve to be murdered just because it was conceived in a bad way. A woman has a right to her body and the baby may be a part of her but that childs life has begun and abortion is ending that babys life. That's murder. Yes, it's a terrible thing that a woman may have been abused and shouldn't have to suffer any more than she already has but is her 9 months more important than that babys whole life?

• No, I don't think it should be legal

The female may not have chosen to be raped but the baby didn't choose to be conceived either. If abortion isn't legal than it's illegal for a reason and that reason shouldn't be exempt just because the baby was conceived in a not so great situation. Understanding not wanting to keep the baby, adoption is a perfect solution. Unfortunately being pregnant from rape or incest is terrible but you can still give that baby the greatest gift ever, which is life.

• No abortion should not be allowed

The woman will have to deal with the trauma of what happened to her as well as the death of her baby. It stops a beating heart, what about that trauma? I just don't think it will erase what happened, it just compounds the problems of an already grieving emotional woman.