Should adolescents be sentenced to life without parole?

• They know what they're doing

These are teens ranging from fourteen up to twenty-two, their brains are mature enough to create a viable case from robbery to murder. Teens who have a mental illness that could dismiss them from court will get dismissed from court, however all other teens understand their actions and thus must be punished for them, the actions they perform from genocide to mass scale robbery would damage the economy tremendously.

• They cant afford cheese.

If those little rats can afford cheese then they don't eat it and that's bad. I'm at school. Life is great if your not a delinquent. All of me is a good song seventeen words left. Neat stuff is neat. Its getting hot in here, says my friend. He is my friend.

• They cant afford cheese.

• Should teens be sentenced to life without parole?

Yes, even if they have mental disorders or trauma from their childhood they still understood what they were doing and the consequences of their actions. I have ADHD, OCD, Depression, Anxiety, Low self-esteem, and PTSD. Yet i still don't go out and kill a person. I have self control, i know the consequences for those actions and i don't want to serve those consequences. It isn't worth it. Have i ever thought about it? Yes, but i knew what would happen and that i would be taking someones loved one away from them. I now what it's like to loose a loved one at a young age, or at any age and it is hard. It sucks, t put it simply. And these teens knew what they were doing, how they were doing it and what the repercussions were. And yet, they still did it. So yes they should get life in prison WITHOUT the possibility of parole, because they deserve it for taking someone's life. And if we don't punish them then they feel and show that they can get away with anything.

• Yes adolescents should be sentenced harshly

Yes, I think that if a crime is bad enough such as rape or murder than a teenager should be punished and sentenced just as harshly as any adult would be. I do not think that adolescents can be brought back to being good citizens from a heinous crime and need to be in prison instead.

• No, it is unconstitutional to lock teenagers up for life!

My opinion, it is unconstitutional to lock teenagers up for life. If a teen steals or kills, no matter what they do I think it's unconstitutional to lock them up. First, they still do have developing brains so not only are they less aware they also can feel more guilty and change. Also, teenagers are more easily influenced by peer pressure, if someone pressures them into something like that they don't always feel like they have a choice. The average lifespan is 80 years and if they are in their teens they still have more than 60 years to make a positive change in the world if you can make one in theirs.
    I’m not saying that they should not be going to prison at all. What I'm saying is that they should not be there for life. They have a family and they ended a life so you would think “why not ruin theirs?” but that isn’t the answer the point is to keep them from hurting more people. If they are young enough you can influence them in many ways by putting them through counseling or something while in prison, then let them out when you feel it is necessary. Nothing is better then when when someone changes positively and learns from something so give them that chance!

• Adolescents Should Have Parole

Adolescents should not be sentenced to life without parole, because even they have done a serious scenario wherein we know what we will do between right and wrong, adolescents just know the right thing to do but doesn't know how is it done and to handle the situation carefully. Reckless, the say. But they're just kids and they're too young for imprisonment, these youngsters need lessons, not punishment.

• Adolescents Should Have Parole

• They need to learn

We all learn from our mistakes so why can't they. If they know how prison is then they might stop. If u have a cop keeping an eye on them they can't do anything. We all aren't perfect so why make these people pay for a stupid one. They are in the stage that they want to know how the world is. We all have been in that state in our life so give them another chance

• Is it appropriate for adolescents to be sentenced to life without parole?

Adolescents tend to be rash and make stupid decisions but locking them up with no parole isn't going to make it right they won't have a chance to repent for what they've done. By locking them up you ruin their future and their families whereas if they spend a small amount of time in prison or they get dealt with a much more mild punishment they will have the time to repent and learn from their mistakes. But putting them in prison is not going to fix anything but it will break many things. So no they should not be locked away for life in prison with no parole.

• Should adolescents be sentenced to life without parole?

No , they should not ! Because they have alot of time ahead of them to try to make it right and if your taking that time away from them how are they going to get right ? Give them a second chance at making things right ! Let them sit in jail for while but not life they have a family at home thats gone be hurting because of one careless mistake !

• Should not be sentenced to life in prison without parole

Adolescents are very impulsive and are easily tempered with. If they do then won't them being in prison ruin their lives and it could ruin many families. 75- 83 % of adolescents that end up in prison are forced to or join a gang inside prison in which case will cause them to kill or be killed in prison.

• Adolescents Should Have Parole

Adolescents should not be sentenced to life without parole. The reason is they are still growing up and so while they need to be punished for whatever crime they committed there is still a chance for change. If they change they should still have some hope for parole and being free.