• We need separate schools

It's just important that children are willing and able to learn well have the same classmates and strong teachers. It's will develop children's creativity, social learning, cognitive development and more. For children who do not want to study or can not due to the health problems, need special learning approach.

• Education equal opportunity

Public education is one of the greatest benefits of a free society. It provides an opportunity for individuals from all socioeconomic groups to better themselves and their chances of obtaining economic security. It should not be a social experiment. Public education is not day care for socially challenged individuals. Separate institutions for advanced students allows for greater learning for students with high potential, regardless of their families income levels. It also helps to address the needs of students with disciplinary and learning issues by sending them to schools specially suited for them. It also creates motivation for students that are underachieving in their studies. Equality is not guaranteed in our society. Higher education is not free and people are compensated differently based upon job skill and occupation. Free compulsory education can be a great equalizer, provided the level of education is able to rival expensive private education.

• Separation increases learning.

I can observe that students work within our group. The smarter kids hang out while the slower learners catch each other up. Separating the buildings won't weigh down the advanced and won't pressure the others. Even though most of you would disagree, Charter is the school meant for the smarter kids and a lot of you can't argue with that.

• Yes! We should have a separate building.

They won't be bullied because they will not go to a school with any mean people and only their kind. They will also learn at there pace and do what's best for them. Plus they could also graduate faster then the non-advanced students and get a good education that suits them.

• Advanced students should have separate schools because they learn at a different pace.

I think advanced students should have separate schools. Advanced students have learned things better than other students. For example, in the separate schools, advanced students are sure enough to read and can understand what the teachers said and do their homework perfectly then other students. Other students who have connections with the school don't have a head start. It is difficult for them to learn new things, because they have had a weak foundation. So that they have to review the things they have learned again and again.
    - Sue (Shanghai, China)

Posted by: Sue
  • This isn't going to work...

So I am a student in the 7th grade and I am in all advanced classes. Yes, I am smarter than the average teen, but I still need my social life. Going to a public school you have people to actually hang out with. You don't get left out, or forgotten. I just made the Volleyball team and we won our first game. If I had been in a private school, I wouldn't even be in volleyball! If I did go to a private school, the majority of the kids would only be focused on studying. They wouldn't have friends, or do sports. That's why public school is good for them because it causes us to branch out. You see what kids are doing wrong in school and you can help them! We have an advantage for being smart in a public school. A private school would have its limitations and drawbacks. It costs a lot of money to go to a private school you don't even need to go to. You have to wear uniforms (YUCK!). But in a public school you get freedom. You have your choice of class, what you wear, what you do. GIFTED AND TALENTED CLASSES ALL THE WAY! :)

• They need a normal social experience, and to motivate other students

As a all honors student myself, I am aware of others sometimes being unfairly compared to my classmates, but the other students need to be motivated to reach to the level of honors. Also, if someone per say is "honors" in math and social studies, but need extra help in English and science, how is that student going to be pushed when necessary and help at other times? Honors students need social interactions with those who are not as intelligent as them, and how can we afford to hire extra teachers for a whole school, build these etc? While it might seem like a good idea, the flaws definitely outweigh the benefits in this situation.

• Advance student may motivate or assist other students

No, advanced students should not be moved to another school. Some students advance in some of their subjects, but are average in others. Also students that are performing at advance level may motivate other children to perform better. Peer to peer learning is sometimes more effective than a teacher trying to explain a difficult concept.

• Yes and No

I am in Year 7 and I find it hard to keep up with the rest of my class. I want ability groupings, though at the same time I am very apprehensive. This is because, I don't want to look like the weakest one in my class, and I don't want to embarrass myself in having to be in a class where I am the oldest.
    Please help me and give me some helpful advice.

• This would create inequality in our society and lead slower learners to feel inferior to the "clever" learners.

If advanced kids and slower learning kids are in the same learning environment, it will create a sense of equality amongst these learners and will push them to work a little harder; but if they are in a separate school, it will make them feel inferior to the "clever" ones, which will be unfair to these children. Everybody is different, we all know that, but people need to be together and children in the same learning environment to be able to understand each other.

If advanced kids and slower learning kids are in the same learning environment it will create a sense of equality amongst those learners and will push them to work a little harder. If they are in a separate school it will make them feel inferior to the "clever" ones which will be unfair to these children. Everyone is different we all know that but people need to be together and children in the same learning environment to be able to understand each other.

If advanced kids and slower learning kids are in the same learning environment, it will create a sense of equality amongst these learners and will push them to work a little harder. If they are in a separate school it will make them feel inferior to the "clever" ones, which will be unfair to these children. Everybody is different we all know that, but people need to be together and children in the same learning environment to be able to understand each other.

• This would create inequality in our society and lead slower learners to feel inferior to the "clever" learners

If advanced kids and slower learning kids are in the same learning environment it will create a sense of equality amongst these learners and will push them to work a little harder but if they are in a separate school it will make them feel inferior to the "clever" ones which will be unfair to these children everybody is different we all know that but people need to be together and children in the same learning environment to be able to understand each other

If advanced kids and slower learning kids are in the same learning environment, it will create a sense of equality amongst these learners and will push them to work a little harder. If they are in a separate school it will make them feel inferior to the "clever" ones which will be unfair to these children. Everybody is different we all know that, but people need to be together and children in the same learning environment to be able to understand each other.

• Advanced, average, and below average students should be educated in the same schools

There is no reason to separate students who learn easier than others from those that school does not come as naturally to. Schools have created advanced, regular classes to accommodate student's different learning abilities. Isolating advanced students from "non-advanced" would lead to several different problems. Firstly, this would promote the advanced thinking they are superior and it would also make others feel stupid. This is an all-around horrible idea.