• "There's no such thing as a free lunch."

People argue that advertisements allow for free services, that would otherwise not exist. Many people will say that adverts don't work on them. But the truth is that if advertisement didn't result in an increase in profits, then they wouldn't exist. Ultimately this means that advertisements cause people to spend more money, almost certainly more money than the "free" service would have otherwise cost, as it also has to cover the cost of creating the ad content.

So who is spending this money? It's the people most susceptible to suggestion, that's who. Potentially a small minority of people are spending a lot of money, they probably can't afford, on products they otherwise would not have (and therefore almost certainly don't need).
    And targeted adverts, through the use of all of our personal data corporations are tracking, turns more and more of into victims, by showing us products we are most likely to be susceptible to.

In the end the money floats upwards to line the pockets of CEO's and shareholders. I would even argue that advertising is part of the root cause of inequality in modern society. And companies are getting better and better at manipulating us into spending more and more money on stuff we don't need. It's abhorrent.

"But how else am I supposed to find out about products that I DO need? And what about products that can improve quality of life, that I don't know about?" You ask.
    Easy, find unbiased product reviews. Look in magazines, online, on the radio, on TV. They already exist, but you only have to see them if you go looking for them.
    The company creating the product merely has to provide a few free offerings to reviewers, and if their product if credible and worthwhile, they will find buyers. If it's not then then won't.

People will be spending less money on products they don't need. And with their spare cash will be seeking out the products and services they do.
    "And those services that were previously "free" (paid for by advertising)?" Well now that we're not being manipulated into spending our hard earn cash on products we don't need, we have cash freed up we can spend on valuable services that would previously have been "free". Only this time they will really be valuable services. Not just a load of "free" junk that eats up our time, gets us addicted to our screens, and generally degrades our quality of life and social interaction.

• Because they are dumb

Because they brain wash you in a million ways and trick you in buying low product stuff. It takes up all your tv time so your basically buying adds, it is a waste of time so you a watching straight up trash so ban adds from television s s s.

• Because i want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supporters of Euthanasia believe that allowing people to die with dignity is kinder than forcing them to continue their lives with suffering.
    : ) we live in New York and i lived for 40 years but my age is 32 because Donald trump is the worst president ever seen .

• Yes we should.

Advertisements can easily warp and pollute children's once innocent minds. They can encourage to drink, overspend and many other terrifyingly horrible things. Lets ban advertisements. Do the right thing, make the right choice.™ Unless, of course, you want our generation of children to be dirty-minded, drunk and delusional. Thanks, A humbly amazing hater

• A gradual banning of some types of adds would be perhaps the right way to do it.

A gradual banning of advertisements that promote unhealthy products should be considered. Banning tobacco advertising for example or Fast food.. In principle it is logical to protect the consumer from products that are damaging to him.
    Also protect children's minds from manipulation.
    This is not a yes or no questions.

This is not a yes or no questions.

• They are just there to annoy

Ads should definitely be banned. To me, ads never really work. They are just really annoying. Honestly, I don't really see how they could work. If I am playing a game, for example, and if there is a repetitive ad for another game, I would click on the ad and write a bad review about the game simply because the advertisement is really annoying. Ads are a waste of my time, it stresses me out, and it never works.

• They shouldn't ban them

Not only can someone advertise their product but do not forget, advertisements keep social media alive too. Imagine life without youtube or facebook! TV series or movies would have less quality in them because they wouldn't be able to pay for the special effects. So you benefit from advertisements and should not ban them

• This is biast, I tried voting yes, but my comment was ignored.

Adverts should be banned, they are fueling debt, they make people feel that they are missing out on something FOMO.
    Debt is out of control and most of debt is created by fashion, kids at school are picked on for not having the latest clothes, which fuels the problem as these children grow up knowing this and ensure their children don't grow up the same way

• Advertisement are a source of income for someone

No, I do not believe that advertisements should be banned. Just as television shows and movies have the right to profit, so does advertisers. Granted sometimes the advertisement themselves and the content have no meaning to the viewer, some may gain information from the advertisement. I am sure that at some point an ad has been useful to everyone.

• Subtraction from liberties and harmful to all

Banning advertisement is not only harmful to companies it can also be quite harmful to the citizens that the advertisements are meant for. Banning advertisements would diminish rights including free speech and others, it would also limit the amount of money that a company can make. With no advertisements consumers would not get notified on the different products that could be useful to them. You see as the consumers buy things they need the companies take that info and create ads that give us options of different products we may want or need. In wanting money companies create products that we want at a price that we can afford if they don't do that they will not be making very much money. Companies that trick people may make quite a bit of money but people will catch on and those companies will not be making money for long.

Posted by: GAF