Should Afghanistan be given huge amounts of foreign aid to start an economic intervention in that country?

• So Long As They Pay It Back

Afghanistan should be given a lot of foreign aid to start an economic intervention in that country, but only so long as they pay it back. Instead of growing opium poppies, Afghanis should grow wheat or corn. If the country has a breadbasket, the government needs to burn the poppy plants and re-seed everything to grow different crops. Then farmers can get a living going that isn't based on drugs and illegal trades.

• Foreign money does not equal local success

One of the huge mistakes of Iraq was the pouring of money on their problems. After a while, people just create problems to make money. Even the donations of equipment and goods wound up being a chance for more profit. New computers meant for an improved maintenance system were seen in the market two weeks after delivery.

• No, I don't believe Afghanistan should be given a huge amount of aid.

I don't believe Afghanistan should be given a large amount of economic aid, I believe America should still support Afghanistan military and somewhat economically I believe the Afghanistan economy should become self sufficient without a huge stimulus of money from the United States, I believe if we give them large amounts of aid once they will just ask for more down the line.

• Aid by itself won't help.

No, Afghanistan should not be given huge amounts of foreign aid to start an economic intervention in that country, because if you give someone a fish, they will eat for a day. Afghanistan needs to have laws put in place that will allow Afghanistan to develop and thrive on its own. America cannot prop them up forever.

• They should not

No, they do not need to give this country any foreign aid. We already went in and tried to help them a whole lot, and now they need to take the matters into their own hands and start figuring out how to run a country the way that it should.