Should African American boxer Jack Johnson be posthumously pardoned of his 1913 conviction for accompanying a white woman across state lines?

• Common Sense... YES!

The black race should be pardoned and apologised to for the behaviour of the white race towards them.

People forget that 60 years ago the race was still persecuted and treated as 3rd class citizens.

If America is wondering why they have such a problem amongst young black men, they need to look inwardly at the past - and feel ashamed.

• I say yes.

I think that doing such a thing is a very good idea. We as a nation have come very far when we compare ourselves to how we were back in 1913. Doing this pardon would do much to help our standing in the world, so I say we go for it.

• Overall, yes, he should.

This question has a few angles. Obviously, I don't think we can set the precedent that if the law changes decades after a conviction and the person dies, then they should be pardoned. Seems like that would open a whole can of worms. But, in this case, because it relates to bigotry and racism, I think it would be symbolic of how the times have changes. So, yes, I think he should be pardoned for such a stupid offense.

• It's been 100 years.

He's dead. The law has obviously been done away with. What is the point of pardoning someone who is no longer living? This is not the point of pardons, and while he never should have been convicted of such a "crime" in the first place, pardoning him now is pointless.