Should age restrictions be placed on social media?

• Oui juhu jb

I t h i n k t h a t s o c i a l m e d i a i s a f e c t i n g e v e r y o n e a r o u n d t h e world.

• Protecting our kids from outside influence is the key!

When I was a kid I had only two - maybe 3 or 4 adults talking to me about morality. I have a 9 year old and I will not allow them to have social media accounts until they are much into high school years. Social media is an open door to others influencing the morality of your children. Facebook and Cambridge Atlantica just had a two day senate hearing about influencing the biggest election in the world. You think these outlets are not influencing your children on a daily basis. The violence in schools, suicides, general population attitude is influenced by social media...Wake up!

• There should be age restrictions

Kids under 12 have not developed a robust "cognitive functions " or
    "ethical thinking". Also kids are not spending enough time outside or talking with there family because every time there is a chance to they are on there social media looking how many likes there are on there most recent post.

• There should be age restrictions

• Targets kids from anywhere

Like if there would get there address or find where they go to school at or anywhere or they can pressure little kids and little kids don't like telling stuff so they wouldn't do anything bout it so that why i think there should be a age limit on social media
    the end

• Obviously its a big deal

There are gullable and honestly way to innocent children left in this world, and thats exactly how it should be. On some sites there are innapropiate links, ads, etc. Kids should never cross over a website including Sex websites, or accounts on instagram and snapchat and even kik, if thats still used. People look for specific kids like this. Kids who dont understand, kids that may give there phone numbers, adresses, and I would know. Ive seen my own friends do that. Honestly even I have given my phone number by mistake. And it just isn safe. On the news I seen that hundreds of facebook accounts were recently hacked by the government, so they stole cellular data, numbers, emails, adresses, etc. It just isnt a safe enviroment for younger children. If you said no then either you don have kids, or you arent a kid. I got a instagram at about age 10, and Im now 14 and its brought drama, and dirty images into a kids mind. With fake people telling you there your friends, and even catfishes. But its a personal opinion that you must hear from someone else in order to completly make your decision, because at first I thought it was silly then I took it into a caring parents point of view and even asked questions. It is unfair for kids to see and witness things that adults themselves havent.

• Obviously its a big deal

• Obviously its a big deal

• Obviously its a big deal

• Obviously its a big deal

• You can try, but it will not work.

It does not matter if there is an age restriction. If a child wants to go on social media they will. Most social media sites do have an age restriction but all children have to do is input a different year. (Example: A social media site is 13+. A child is born in 2005. All that child has to do is put some different year, like 1999 and they will be allowed.) There is no 100% full proof way to have an age restriction placed on a media site. If parents are so afraid of their children being irresponsible with a website, stop blaming the website and check your parenting skills. If you do not teach your child responsibility, how will they know? I am so sick of parents complaining how their child/children turn out when it is obvious that the parent is the one lacking in the skills to raise their child. It does not take a genius to sit down and talk to your child about using a social media site.

• This one, I'm on the line about

It depends on the media we're talking about. Things that manipulate children for the worse, like another debater said, sure. Things that educate children about the world and how privileged they are, no. People too often try to shelter their children and protect them from the 'woes' of the world. That kid grows up thinking that they're tough, and then is thrust into the real world and loses their sanity and it spirals downward from there. That's why there's so many cry-baby young adults in the world now-a-days. I think that kids should learn about rape, murder, and terrorist attacks. Don't shove everything in the kid's face, but when they ask why there's a sign on the side of the road that says 'abortion is evil' with a dismembered fetus flaunting on the cover, don't try to sly your way out of it. Explain where there's a (bigoted) person on the side of the road that believes that women shouldn't be able to choose what to do with their body, or whatever the hell your stance on abortion is.

So, again, I'm on the line.

• No Age restrictions needed!!

Some kids are unable to access some information that others are recieving. Making their minds more rich of thought. For when real live situations approach them they are unable to respond with a smarter reaction, compared to a child with the knowledge from websites, or news. Many people say there should be to prevent younger children from seeing certain websites, but in reality the world is full of specific things from a good and bad manner. Kids should be able to explore. AND most websites aren´t bad for younger kids. For example ABCmouse.Com many actually hundreds of kids are getting smarter this minute. Kids need to learn from mistakes. Not keep making more, because actually kids are worst then the internet these days and say things you wouldnt believe. As a 14 year old I can relate.

• No because your only a kid 1 time in a life and you never come back is why i say no

Well say your a kid growing up in a world full of technology and when your older you know your going to have a job you wont have much time as you grow up to play on that to talk to friends or family and plus its for talking to people for jobs or any that its not what its for.

• I am Mckinnley

There shouldn't be any age requirements. It's Just PIONTLESS. Don't people understand kids are still getting on their sites. It's easy to make a fake account. Don't be crazy. It's okAY.Don't let people control, you, let them get in the sites. I mean quit hiding thiungs from the kids.... Okay.

• No restrictions needed

Kids should be able to get on any website they want to, kids can make fake accounts all they want, meaning that kids are getting on these sites whether you want them to or not. It's happening all the time and there shouldn't be any age limits for social media.

• No restrictions needed

• No restrictions needed

• No restrictions needed