Should age restrictions be placed on social media?

• IT WOULDNT WORK,but it would be nice.

To many kids would fake there ages like me I honestly would because why not if I need to know something well I think I would figure it out just like any other person would if needed and don't act like non of you have either I know everyone to well

• Yes it should be restricted

I think it should be restricted for people under the age of at least 16 I think 18 might be a little to much because if your 16 and don't know the difference between wrong and right then you might need some help, Yes because a kid could accidentally fall onto a porn site that would not be good, so if there time is limited they would have less time to be able to surf the web. But it also should be up to the parents, they could limit the websites they visit and or the amount of time that that there child would be able to go on the web. Thx that's all I have to say

• You can see anything on the Internet

As a 14 year old I know that there is many unsafe websites and I think that you should have parent supervision for most websites feel that if a parent allows you to be on a web site then people under 13 can be on that website, like the title of my comment you can see ANYTHING on the Internet that is why it is unsafe not only that but I know many pre teens that have taken there own life because of caber bullying. On the other hand media can be a fun way to stay in touch with you friends I think it should be the parents decision what there kids go on.

• There should be

Meet new people in your neighborhood or local town, instead of meeting random people on the media. Get some fresh air with a new friend or help clean your community with some new in the hood. Just sitting around texting to random people or your friends all day, is a bad habit.

• Yes, age restrictions make sense

There are a lot of people on the internet looking to take advantage of minors, and a lot of minors to naive to pick up on it before it's too late. They need to be protected from that and themselves, that platform can cause them to put things with their name on them out there that are really careless and could come back to bite them later.

• Kids Should Be Kids

KIds should be able to go outside and be themselves and play with they're friends not message them on the internet. Social media is made for older people who have a mature sense of what to look at, and what not to. People may say that there is no way to inforce tis, but websites could easily create a verification system.

• Kids need time to be kids.

Kids need time to be kids, not spending time on the computer from when they can walk. Social media in general is not a good place to spend a lot of time, no matter your age. Not all social media is bad, at times it can be very useful, but most of the time honestly, its just full of cussing and cyberbulling.

• Strict implementation of the age restriction must be imposed rather because there are already known age restrictions on social media.

Children’s Online Privacy Protect Act is an example of the restriction but it is hardly followed by many. Emotionally not ready, these children don't have full understanding of the happenings in social media that made them susceptible to online abuses. To protect them from any possible danger, a strict adherence of the restriction must be done.

• People on social media

There are many people on social media that will try and manipulate your children. Young children aren't as mature and they have very much to learn. But there are always people on the internet that will try and brainwash your children because they know children are very gullible. The internet is not a safe a place. And there will be people on the internet that will teach your gullible child wrong things. I believe you should be allowed on social media when you're older and you know more from right and wrong.

• You can try, but it will not work.

It does not matter if there is an age restriction. If a child wants to go on social media they will. Most social media sites do have an age restriction but all children have to do is input a different year. (Example: A social media site is 13+. A child is born in 2005. All that child has to do is put some different year, like 1999 and they will be allowed.) There is no 100% full proof way to have an age restriction placed on a media site. If parents are so afraid of their children being irresponsible with a website, stop blaming the website and check your parenting skills. If you do not teach your child responsibility, how will they know? I am so sick of parents complaining how their child/children turn out when it is obvious that the parent is the one lacking in the skills to raise their child. It does not take a genius to sit down and talk to your child about using a social media site.

• This one, I'm on the line about

It depends on the media we're talking about. Things that manipulate children for the worse, like another debater said, sure. Things that educate children about the world and how privileged they are, no. People too often try to shelter their children and protect them from the 'woes' of the world. That kid grows up thinking that they're tough, and then is thrust into the real world and loses their sanity and it spirals downward from there. That's why there's so many cry-baby young adults in the world now-a-days. I think that kids should learn about rape, murder, and terrorist attacks. Don't shove everything in the kid's face, but when they ask why there's a sign on the side of the road that says 'abortion is evil' with a dismembered fetus flaunting on the cover, don't try to sly your way out of it. Explain where there's a (bigoted) person on the side of the road that believes that women shouldn't be able to choose what to do with their body, or whatever the hell your stance on abortion is.

So, again, I'm on the line.

• No because your only a kid 1 time in a life and you never come back is why i say no

Well say your a kid growing up in a world full of technology and when your older you know your going to have a job you wont have much time as you grow up to play on that to talk to friends or family and plus its for talking to people for jobs or any that its not what its for.

• I am Mckinnley

There shouldn't be any age requirements. It's Just PIONTLESS. Don't people understand kids are still getting on their sites. It's easy to make a fake account. Don't be crazy. It's okAY.Don't let people control, you, let them get in the sites. I mean quit hiding thiungs from the kids.... Okay.

• No restrictions needed

Kids should be able to get on any website they want to, kids can make fake accounts all they want, meaning that kids are getting on these sites whether you want them to or not. It's happening all the time and there shouldn't be any age limits for social media.

• No restrictions needed

• No restrictions needed

• No restrictions needed

• No restrictions needed