• WHAT IF shit hits the fan?

Subjects are taught in school like algebra which are part of the Maths curriculum.
    Only very few students will grow up to be in a job where they need to know these things (i.E. Engineers, physicists).
    My guess would be that less then 10% of kids will have any use for it.
    Kids aren't taught any life skills in school; how to manage finances, how to start a business, how to deal with themselves and others in certain situations etc.
    This being said, why would you not teach them how to grow their own food?
    This way they can learn skills which, even if unused. Is part and parcel of being able to survive and live healthy lives...
    Oh... Riiiight... Keep them fat and addicted to fast food and unnatural produce to line the pockets of food corporations...
    At least they will know how to find the square root of x if y=6.

• Much More Than Learning About Food

It's much more than just learning about where you food comes from. It's about learning how crops work, pesticides, herbicides, and why some of these things aren't as dangerous as people think as long as they are used accordingly. Not only that, but it's important to learn about animal care and how to properly raise cattle or any other type of farm animal.

• Agriculture should be taught

When you think about, what would happen if there were no such thing as farmers? Then who would get up at the crack of dawn to milk cows, who else would bother to go out and plant a crop? This is why farming should be taught to every student. Teaching students from a young age will teach them the importance of farming, and they may even become a farmer in the future.

• Agricultural Education is necessary in every school!

Not only does agricultural education give students an idea of how their food and clothing is made, it prepares students for real world experiences such as being a CEO of a company or a leader in their community. Ag in schools is much more than cows, sows, and plows, it is now beakers, speakers, and job seekers! Maybe at one time it was focused around pure animal and crop production, but is now very focused on preparing students for the workforce and handling every day situations. I am very proud to have come from a school that offered agricultural education!

• The agriculture industry clothes, feeds, and shelters us.

We as consumers have the right to know at least the basics of the industry that provides the basic necessities of life to us. Contrary to belief, farmers and producers are not out to hurt anyone. What these people are producing are their livelihoods and they are so confident in what they produce that they have no issue (and 100% trust) in giving it even to their own families.

• My mom had it.

My mom is from a different country and the schools there have different subjects than they have here in America! The schools there sound so much fun, as you can play in the rain. My mom even thought the different subjects were in America schools but nope! Anyway, she had agriculture/gardening as a subject. What if grocery stores can't store any more fruits and vegetables (certainly won't happen)? And I want to know the foods I can eat and not eat. I might not know what I'll be eating.

• Is it not taught in schools?

I always thought agriculture was a simple part of all education requirements. So yeah. It should be taught. I don't see why not. Lol
    So yeah
    Agriculture is part of nature. So yeah it should be taught. No two ways about it. Lol I don't see why they wouldn't do that.

• Yes, agriculture should be taught in schools.

Children should know the basis of food and where it comes from. They should learn that certain things only grow in certain regions and during certain parts of the year. They should learn where meat comes from and how it is raised. This will give them a better idea of how life works.

• People don"t know what they are eating

With a simple education people would understand that some things they are told to fear by the media are actually harmless, such as hormones and GMO's. People should at least make educated decisions before attacking agriculture, if they could grow their own food maybe they would. Everyone should be able to provide for themselves and their families, or at least know how other people do it for them.

• We have better jobs

When more salary are given to the youth only when they are in handsome jobs like IT FIELD. . They don't look for agriculture. Now students are not concentrating in subjects like science how can they take the burden of learning agriculture. So first they need to concentrate in studies. It is waste of time

• Nein, nein, nein.

Hello my name is farmer mcfarmerson. I own a large plantation with slaves. It works well and i didnt even need ag education. I think this plan would harm the federal govt by taking money away. I strongly ask for the negative ballot in this case. Thank you and dont vote for it.

• Not worth having

When i went through high school,my school had an ag class. I lived in west texas.This makes sense here since many people were interested in this,but in other places,it makes no sense.Having an ag class helps kids get a better sense of their place in the natural order,but out world makes all that obsolete. We dont need to know our natural place,because we have artificially placed ourselves on top.The children who learn this will stay "inspired" for a day or two,but ultimately, it will make little difference and the children will forget it.

• No use for it.

People say they should have it required because they should know where their food comes from. If it is put it just to learn then it should just be a dual credit class or an extra curricular because most fo the stuff learned is not required for most jobs. Agriculture is the study of the science of farming and cultivating crop.S