• Yes, they are normal rifles that just look "scary"

What good is banning weapons based solely from their cosmetic looks? The Ak rifles sold in America are STRICTLY semi automatic. They perform like any other semi automatic rifle. Since when should we base guns as more dangerous because of their cosmetic appearance again? Whoever made this poll, I'd genuinely like to have a discussion over this because you are clearly mislead

• Yes, why not

The manufacturing of making an ak-47 or even the ak-74. The reason for this is because of the money it would draw in. In the ~1990's you could get a case of 5 ak's for around 200-300 according to my dad. The reason, Cheep to make and long lasting. I go hog hunting with a few ex-marries who have a license for full auto weapons and we go hog hunting with them all the time. Have we shot each other? No, do we plan on it? No. I dont see a problem with it. As the contender has said " I don't think they should be made anywhere and I don't think they should be made anywhere near anyone possession. The only time someone should ever have a gun is when they are hunting and it should not be allowed in public." what if a man walked into your house with a knife? What would you do? Grab a knife. By surprising you he all ready has the underhand. Having possession of a Ak or any gun for that matter will give you an upper hand. Now, think of your wife ( or who ever you are with) now think of your kids( if you have them) . Now tell me would you fell safer having a fully auto ( with a license) ak-47 or M16 or even a simi auto glock. Guns are a wonderful thing. Back when the stock market was bad I was feed what ever was in season. Know how we got that food? Guns.

• I think so

Personally I think if the United States wants something, they should make it themselves. Everything this country uses is made by another country, and then our country has the nerve to go to war with them though they do everything for us. It's about time the United States started working for themselves.

• The U.S. should keep all the industry it can.

There is nothing wrong with making guns. Making guns does not lead to more crime. American companies that make AK-47's sell them to other counties and that helps the U.S. Economy. The AK-47 is no different from any of the other many types of guns being made in American factories.

• No, I don't think so.

No, I do not think that AK-47's should be made in the U.S.A. I don't think they should be made anywhere and I don't think they should be made anywhere near anyones possession. The only time someone should ever have a gun is when they are hunting and it should not be allowed in public.

• Automatic Weapons Production Does Not Belong in The U.S.A.

The AK-47 is an automatic assault weapon. This machine is responsible for countless deaths in the U.S.A-- some of which were children. Honestly, I don't think these weapons should be in production at all. Citizens of the U.S.A. possess the ingenuity, talent, and creativity to make beautiful, practical products that would help the citizens of the world as a whole. AK-47 production has no place with U.S. borders.

• The AK-47 should not be made in the U.S.A.

We already have a lot better weapons then the AK-47, such as, the m-16, it hold more ammo in the magazine, it's more accurate and powerful; so it would be a waste of money, supplies, and time. In witch we need all we get when it comes to fighting terroest.

• No They are from the Motherland.

Ak-47s are originally from Russia. They SHOULD be made in the Motherland. The Ak was a Russian experiment to see if they could have a faster firing gun than they already had. The Russian army uses the Ak as their main infantry weapon along with the Galil (Made in Israel, the Israeli armies main infantry weapon). So i say they should stay in Russia, be manufactured in Russia because of it common use in that region.