• Another term for Al Franken!

Al Franken began as a simple comedian. His political rants eventually got him a spot as the Junior Senator from Minnesota. This is no small feat. Consider that there are only 100 people that currently hold the position of US Senator, why would he not want to continue serving? He was so critical of the people who held the position, now that he has it he should do as much good (or what he percieves as good) as he can. If the people think he is doing a good job, then why not run again?

• If people like him

I was always confused about Al Franken; I never really understood his appeal as a comedian, and I was never very into (or against) his politics. Still, people in his home state seem to like him, and its ultimately their decision - who am I to judge whether he's done well?

• We need more Al!

Yes, I think that Al Franken should run for re-election in 2014. America needs more elected leaders like Al Franken. People who are plain spoken, realistic, and not afraid to counter the bluster of their opponents by taking them down a notch with some humor. He's been a great public servant.

• Al Franken should not run for re-election in 2014

Al Franken should not run for re-election in 2014 because he is a comedian and not a politician. He wanted to run for office in order to make a statement, and he won and he made it. He is better off continuing his career as a performer rather than staying in politics.

• He is not a good leader.

No, Al Franken should not run for re-election in 2014, because he stole his original election in the first place. After a serious of recounts, a democratic officer certified the results for Franken as soon as they were in his favor. He should not be a Senator, and he should not run for re-election, because he does not even deserve to be there in the first place.