Should all credit card issuers in the United States be forced to upgrade to chip-enabled smart cards?

• No. I do not believe they should be forced to upgrade.

If customers want to keep their old cards I believe they have a right to do so. Once their card is expired, I believe the credit card company reserves the right to send them a new card with the chip in it at no extra cost to the consumer. This way it is a gradual upgrade. If the customers don't like the new system, they can choose a different credit card company.

• They should not be forced to upgrade to chip-enabled smart cards.

All credit card issuers in the United States should not be forced to upgrade to chip-enabled smart cards. Everything does not have to be about hyper-technology. If the credit card system is working efficiently then we should leave it alone. A lot of these upgrades to technology are causing unwanted security breaches.

• No, we are free, right?

No, I don't think we should be forced to do anything. We should be carrying our credit cards in safe wallets to avoid fraud and identity theft, but forcing people to do things in a supposedly "free" country is wrong, regardless of the reasons why they want us to do that.

• Smart card chips

No I do not think that all credit card issuers in the United States should be forced to upgrade to the chip enabled smart card. We should have the option of using a chip card or no chip card as well as the option of using traditional money and checks.