Should all references to God such as 'under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance be removed from the U.S. government?

• All references to God should be removed from the U.S. government.

We are no longer one nation, under God. We should not exclude anyone by our words that have been used because we believe in following tradition. There is supposed to be a separation of church and state, yet we continue to use "God" on our currency, in our schools and in our political vows. Although it would be difficult for some of us to accept, it is a change that needs to be made.

• Yes, I believe all references to God in the Pledge of Allegiance should removed from the US Government.

Overall I am a stronger supporter in the idea that church and state should be separated and so having a religious phrase in a governmental allegiance doesn't make much sense, I believe while it would be very controversial I believe that overall it would be a good thing to remove the words under god.

• What's wrong with it?

No, all references to God such as "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance should not be removed from the U.S. government, because the founding fathers would not have made it the Pledge of Allegiance if they intended for saying "under God" to violate the separation of church and state. It should be allowed to continue.

• No, references to God should not be removed from all aspect of the US government.

I do not believe that references to God such as the phrase "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance should be removed from the United States government. I think that it is something that has become a part of the government because a lot of the citizens agree with it.