• Yes they should

They should have art and music programs, studies have shown that with music programs help raise your IQ you read better by looking at the written music and learning how to read and to read the tiny writing below the music on the sheet of written music the teacher hands out.

• Yes they should

• Yes they should

• Yes they should

• Yes they should

They should have art and music programs, studies have shown that with music programs help raise your IQ you read better by looking at the written music and learning how to read and to read the tiny writing below the music on the sheet of written music the teacher gives them.

• Art and music can help students learn more

I i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i think music and art are super duper cool

• Yes, for a different reason

Many people keep saying yes because it makes you smarter, etc. The real reason we need music programs is because many of today's professional musicians started in school bands or orchestras. There will be no next generation of great musicians to fill the spots in major orchestras like the new york phil or the chicago symphony if there are no music programs.

• Why wouldn't schools want music and art programs?

Along with giving students the chance to express themselves, music and art helps the brain with other academic aspects of school. Studies have shown that students that have participated in music programs have great hand-eye coordination and a higher IQ. I can't believe that schools are cutting these programs. Even at my middle school the were thinking of cutting music. Along with ruining your schools over all academic performance, you are also ruining some kids life.

• Express what they feel

They can show how they feel over the art and singing. If you take away the only opportunity they have to how what they feel..Then your so called good school will go away also some students don't just Wanda learn and do homework all the time they also want some fun .. Knowing that their school is not suckish and believe what other think about their school...Your school may have the most high GPAs but it will also win an award of the MOST boring school in the universe..Now that is a school I or none will like to go to.

• Schools should have an arts program.

There are so many studies out there, that show that music can literally save someone's life. Music and art can enhance learning, through listening skills, more specifically in music. It is shown that, being a part of art and music, can increase your IQ! One experiment was done, where, one group of 6 year olds were given music and voice lessons for a year, and their IQ was increased. Another group, was given drama lessons, and their social behavior, increased drastically. It is heartbreaking to me, to know that more than 80 percent, of schools, have cut arts programs, when there are so many benefits.

• No. We should not have Music and Arts in schools.

We should dedicate that time to subjects we can actually learn something in, like Math, Science, ect. Who wants to learn about some dead dude who cut off his ear i Art or sing some random song in Music? We also should dedicate some of the time to lunch and recess. At our school we get about 15 min. Of recess. That is 5 min. Under the state minimum.

• What if you had no interest in the arts?

Not all schools should have art and music programs. There should definitely be SOME, but again, not all. Some schools should be focused only on math and science, while others are focused on literature, art, and music. In my school years, I feel as though I did benefit from the music programs, but not the art ones. I sometimes wish classes such as art and communication arts were never taught, but that's just me.