• It's not fair to not offer vegetarian meals if you're offering meat meals.

I've been vegetarian my whole life because 1) humans weren't meant to eat meat 2)awful for the environment and 3) awful for us.
    But school lunches are never vegetarian. And it sucked. I was just trying to do what I felt was best for the earth and for myself, and always felt like I was being punished for it.

• Yes Absolutely! Because....

A vegetarian diet is very healthy it can stop many diseases that come from meat or seafood. It can also stop the killing of many animals and increase many endangered species populations . It can stop the shortage of food because the animal population will end if this does continue and instead wiping out the animal population we can just eat vegetarian.

• Yes Absolutely! Because....

• Yes, there should be vegetarian options.

When a child decides to become vegetarian it is often for reasons of morality and humaneness, and this child's diet choice needs to be honored. So there needs to be vegetarian options using no meat products, and this will also benefit other children because they can be used as side dishes.

• Yes, students should have a choice

Vegetarian food is an excellent addition to the school lunch
    menu. It is healthful, good tasting, relatively low calorie and less expensive
    to prepare than non-vegetarian food. Most importantly, though, meat free entrees
    provides students with a choice. Even if they do not care to eat vegetarian
    food every day, kids still should have the option of eating vegetarian food whenever
    they want a change. Good schools teach values as well as facts, and freedom of
    choice is a great value.

• Yes they should.

Schools should provide an vegetarian option to students because many students are vegetarians these days. Some people are also vegetarians for religious reasons and so schools should honor this. It is not that hard to provide some type of vegetarian option, so this should definitely be included on the menu for these students.

• All schools should promote vegetarian food!

If schools could provide vegetarian food, they would take a lot of work off mothers who have to wake up at the crack of dawn to make their vegetarian child a sandwich. Vegetarian food is not hard to come by, most supermarkets have a whole section of vegetarian food, so why aren't schools promoting vegetarian food?

• All schools should provide vegetarian meals.

I believe all schools should provide this meal plan as some people are vegetarians, by religion or personal preference. I think this plan will be very beneficial as students can choose this to promote healthier eating or simply just eating less meat. This will also, of course, allow true vegetarians to enjoy the meal plan, putting less complications on packing their own meals.

• Yes, all schools should provide vegetarian meals.

I believe that all schools should provide vegetarian meals. More and more children are becoming vegetarian and it is a healthy option. Schools should support that decision by offering vegetarian meals. Too much of the cafeteria food is like fast food and is fried or full of preservatives. Vegetarian offerings might encourage children to eat healthier.

• Healthy children means Happier children!

So many people in the world are now days vegetarian. It is a healthy option and an eco-friendly option, such positives should be encouraged by schools which are meant to teach you the right path in life. Needless to say vegetarianism benefits all as meaty food items are negative for the environment and harm the person eating it as they are more likely to suffer from the large intestine cancer. Vegetarian meals can ensure the health of the person who is eating it and the school serving. It can also allow children to progress in school as they have had a nutritious healthy meal. It can also teach children at a young age what is a better option and so when they are older, can choose their own diet which will help them succeed. We all know the impact obesity has had on our society so why should we propagandise it in schools for young impressionable children?

• I like cheese

YOU MUST EAT CHEESE TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU SAME NO YOU ARE A STUPID BANANA AND YOU DONT DESERVE TO LIVE!!!!!!!! CHEESE IS THE FREAKING BEST THINGS IN THIS WHOLE FREAKING WORLD!!!!!! DONT EVEN TRY TO ARGUE WITH ME BECAUSE YOU WILL BE WRONG!!!!!! That is all. Thank you and go about your day.

• In the words of my father: "You're a growing boy!" (or girl.)

Vegetarianism is NOT a healthy diet.

Meat and milk is an excellent source of protein, calcium, vitamin B-12, and other minerals that are hard to obtain in veggies. Sure, you can buy supplements and imitation meats, but those are expensive, hard-to-find, unnatural, and horrible tasting compared to actual meat.

Meat tastes good to people. People who eat meat are proven to feel happier, and healthier, too. It may be gross and cruel, but the world is gross and cruel. Get used to it.

The nutrients from meat and milk encourage bone and muscle growth, and even brain development. Have fun being short!

• Humans were not created to be vegetarians.

Vegetarian is not healthier than eating meats. In fact, unless you have vegetarianism down to a science, it is often unhealthy in developing children's growth. Have you ever wondered why older Japanese people are so short? The reason is that prior to the Western influence, Japanese people ate very little meat, causing a growth stunt. We do not want our kids to risk the same.

• Schools should not provide vegetarian meals

It should be up to the school to decide whether or not they want to provide vegetarian meals for their students. This could be a cost cutting measure which would be a viable way to introduce the concept to children that meat does not have to be included in every meal and be provided to the school as a whole. But if the school would be forced to prepare a vegetarian meal for the students who identify as vegetarian every day then it would open the door for schools to have to provide specialized lunches for all students who have dietary restrictions or preferences and this would be very difficult and costly for the schools to do.

• Must Keep Costs Low

It's very obvious that schools operate on a low budget and receive federal funding for their food programs. These schools depend on these funds to provide free and reduced price lunches to many, many children within the United States. If a student or parent has deemed these meals unfit, then they should supply a substitute on their own.

• No, they can not cater to select eating choices.

Schools can not cater to select eating choices. If they chose to cater to vegetarians they would have to provide select meals for other people who have special dietary requirements first. This includes gluten free diets and diabetic diets that are more commonly seen in children. Many schools can not afford to upgrade to current materials for their students. How are they going to afford to pay for all of these specific dietary meals? It is not feasible.

• Vegetarian doesn't necessarily mean healthy

You can be a vegetarian and still eat unhealthy foods. Lots of processed foods are technically vegetarian. Conversely, eating meat doesn't automatically mean you're consuming an unhealthy diet. Lean meat is way healthier than, say, eating fried potatoes. Additionally, going vegetarian is sometimes done for ideological reasons, which means that forcing schoolchildren to eat vegetarian could be seen as forcing a belief system on them, which could cause unnecessary conflict. If you want schoolchildren to eat healthier, focus should be on providing fresh food, staying away from processed foods, and preparing lean meat that was raised on hay and grains, not that meal mush they feed livestock. Oh, and remove vending machines from schools.

• Nooooooooooooo no cowss

I like meat and i lost all my hair when I stoped eating it u y yt hWE LIKE MEAT AND EVEN IF I DONT LIKE IT ITS OKAY OKAY BECAUSE I LIKE MY FOOD AND I WANT TO ET MORE OKY OTNO Y7T O GHO GHO GTG TTY RT3W

• I like butter

EAT MORE BUTTER AND YOULL LIVE!!!!!!! EAT A POTATO PLEASE!!!!!!YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. S S S S S. S S S S S S S S S. S.FAT SHEEPS WHATTTTT??????? WHY ARE THERE COWS ATTACKING ME? CHICKENS ARE OVER TAKING THE WORLD?!?!?! I SEE ROSES AND RAINBOWS!!!!!!! 52726389272. MY NUMBER IS 931-339-9087. CALL ME AND TELL ME THAT COWS ARE WINNING THE SUPERBOWL TO WIN $500!!!!!! Thank you for your time. http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/funny-baby1.jpg

• I like butter