Should all states make cell phone use while driving illegal?

• I like lahme

I like lahme and I she was I was good but it wasn't the one that she had to be the first one I like to see it as well and I she is my daughter sister I love you it was good but I was like I was a just a one of piece but I it was good but I was just trying it was a piece but it really really helped you to understand the story and it really was the one piece that was good to the one piece but I was like I was a little girl and I she said it was like a piece but she really is fat!

• People die from other people texting and driving.

People will die and that is a bad thing kids will die and grown ups will die and then the people in the car will crash and then start a fire then the police will come and arrest the person who carashed and killed a person and stay in jail for a long time.

• J j j

K k k k k k k k k k k k k kk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kk k k k k

• J j j

• Iiiisl slskd skdjf

;alskjfslfkj m m m m m m m m m mm mm m m m m m m mm m m m m m m m m m m m m m m jflkjlk gk glkjg j gklkj slkj sflk jkj lfskj k sk skskjskskjssjkldslsksjksakljf sdlkjfh sd m m m

• Cell phones are distracting

Cell phones do distract people while driving. The National Safety Council says that your brain only sees 50% of your driving environment while driving. A study done by a University in Utah used a driving simulator to measure the driver's reaction time while using a cell phone. The study showed that drivers using cell phones had slower reaction times than people who had a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08, which is the maximum legal limit of intoxication.

• Cell phones are distracting

• Cell phones are distracting

• Cell Phones are Distracting

• OBviously yes why

I think so All in all cell phone use while driving should be illegal. It kills thousands of innocent people each year just in the USA alone. It is a proven fact that is takes 4.5-5 seconds to look at or send the average text taking your eyes off the road. And lastly you many need to call someone important but you are putting everyone else around you in danger! You are making it unsafe for all people around you. Many lives have been taken for one single unimportant text message.

• There is no way to effectively stop texting while I drive

Its ridiculous to think that there is a way to stop people from texting while on the road. People have the right to do what ever they want. If they want to text how can you stop them. Getting a ticket is worth it to most people who do the majority of their work from the phone. Its their lifeline, and if they want to avoid a ticket, they will just hold the phone lower. Its their life and their right. This is the united states the land of the free texting while driving is there God given right. And that right cant be stopped.

• I oppose making cell phone use illegal, there are many reasons why a person would need to use their cell phone while driving.

Cell phones provide many uses while driving. If someone is chasing you in a car, you might have to call the police. If there is an emergency, like someone was sent to the hospital, it would be nice to be able to receive that information, even if you are driving. Plus, cell phones are no more dangerous, then someone who is driving while programming a GPS device, which is legal.

Posted by: BaileeW
  • No, such a ban would also cover hands-free technology, which it should not.

There is no question that mobile phone use while driving is distracting and dangerous. However, it is dangerous because drivers use their hands and eyes to operate the phone, when their full physical attention should be on the road. Hands-free technologies exist that allow for mobile phone use without such distractions, and these options should remain legal.

Posted by: FlakyHerb64
  • EVER HEARD OF A HEADSET

you can just use a headset while driving to avoid killing yourself in an accident

• There are other destractions besides cell phones.

In my opinion I don`t think the use of cell phones in cars should be illegal. The reason being is there are many other things that can distract you besides a cell phone. Many people are distracted by their baby in the back seat not sitting still or not complying to their parents. Changing the radio station is another destraction, or even eating food in the car. You can drop something & have to pick it up by the wheel. The list goes on & on. Yes, cell phones are a destraction too but so are a lot of other things. If you are going to make cell phone use illegal while driving you might as well make everything else too. Yes, a lot of people die from cell phone use while driving but they also get in wrecks for not having a blinker on. Etc. Everytime you get in a vehicle you risk your life no matter what the cause.

• Yes? Are you educated?

There sure are a lot of "yes votes. And the supporting comments show that people read studies, but they don't really understand what it is they are reading. Recent tests show that texting while driving distracts some drivers to the same extent as drinking and driving. Those tests do not show the same relationship when simply making a phone call. I agree with laws that require an earpiece or blue tooth/hands free system to making calls, but not a total band on cell phone calls. Texting? Yes, that needs to be outlawed. But again, these are two different things. Texting takes a drivers full attention away from driving. But, a hands free phone call is the same as talking to someone in your car. Those of you who think that talking on cell call is distracting and should be outlawed, must also then ban passengers from talking to drivers. And, ban parents from talking to their children while the parent drives. Let's get real and get informed before making blanket statements using parts of certain studies. Over all accidents over the past decade have declined even though cell phone use has increased over the same period. "Distracted driving" has become the new social scapegoat, promoted by a fear spreading media, and people who want to be scared and blame whatever they can as to why they have their fears. The biggest problem and danger we have on our roads today and always have, is the lack of proper license testing. We need stronger and tougher licensing requirements. It's much too easy to get a license in our country. I see way more people who don't use turn signals, or merge into oncoming traffic on a "right on red."" Then I see distracted cell phone users. Yes, I do see distracted drivers who are texting or using non hands free cell phones, and they aren't helping either. But poorly skilled drivers are a much greater concern as they are many more of them, and some them are texting while driving, making things even worse. Start with better drivers training, and tougher licensing requirements, before scapegoating cell phone users who are using hands free devices talking to someone just as if they were in the car.

• With no-hands devices so common, what's the point of making it illegal?

The cell phone is here to stay. People who could, used to have car phones. I think texts should be outlawed. Yet, talking on the phone, well, this is here to stay. I don't agree with it much, yet, at the same time, a no-hands device should be used. And now, some cars are building cell phones into the car, and there are so many distractions, who knows what will happen?

Posted by: PointlessElbert47
  • People should be allowed to use their cell phone while driving

People should be allowed to have their cellular devices while driving because if they get in a wreck they need their phone to call someone or call for help. If you get in a wreck on the way to work you need to call your boss and tell him/her so you don't get fired. You may also need it so you can call 411

• A ban would be impractical

Handheld device laws would not only be uncertain, they would be impractical. Think of the millions of American drivers that use handheld devices daily, while driving, that have never had an accident. These innocent people should not have to suffer because some foolish teenager was not paying attention to the road. It is true that some types of handheld device use, like playing games or texting, should not be allowed, but that is a different matter. There is a fine difference between a distracted driver and concentrated driver. Texting requires continuous eye contact and concentration, while talking on the phone only needs a little attentiveness.

• Technology is improving

Technology is improving so fast these days that by the time all states make a law, every one will be using voice activated devices or hands free devices. I m e o n e I m j u s t f i l l i n g i n .