Should allergic rhinitis be treated surgically in extreme cases?

• Extreme cases of rhinitis can be treated surgically.

If there is a surgical solution to physical problems, and no other treatment is as efficient, then why shouldn't surgery be considered? There are arguments for chemical treatment, but sometimes that is not enough. It is the same argument for lasik surgery versus wearing glasses. The surgery is sometimes much more effective and prevents further issues.

• Yes, allergic rhinitis should be treated surgically in extreme cases.

Yes, allergic rhinitis should be treated surgically in extreme cases. If a doctor, followed by a second opinion, has decided that surgery is the only way to effectively treat the allergic rhinitis, and that no less invasive procedure can be used effectively, there is no reason why this condition should not be treated surgically.

• Yes, allergic rhinitis should be treated surgically.

I think that in extreme cases, allergic rhinitis should be treated surgically. I think that the condition can get worse to a point where the only way to treat it is to use the mean of surgery. That is why I think that it should be treated surgically in some cases.

• No It Shouldn't

I do not believe allergic rhinitis should be treated surgically in extreme cases. It is doubtful that there is a surgical procedure that is going to do anything to change the effects of what is more common known as hay fever. There are plenty of OTC drugs which are pretty good for this problem. If they do not work, then the doctor can prescribe an allergen shot which is more than likely going to take care of the problem. I personally avoid surgery as much as possible.