• Yes, extradite Knox

Evidence against Knox is very strong. Americans only know what media has fed them which was there is no evidence. Curious people look behind curtains of lies and have found very strong evidence against her. Just ask Alan Dershowitz. Once finally convicted US has no reason not to return her.

• Yes! Extradite Knox!

Most Americans don't understand Italian Justice System nor the Extradition treaty signed with them in the '80s. Knox is not facing 'double jeopardy' since she was not ever finally convicted, only provisionally convicted -- Italians have a 3-part system, ending with the Court of Cassation confirming appeal verdict -appeal overturned.

• If she is guilty then she is guilty, end of

America has a reputation on the world stage for not extraditing individuals convicted of offences in other countries, but expecting the arrangement to work in reverse. If you visit another country you are subject to their law and judicial process. The Italian process appears to have been followed and a decision against her now is NOT a retrial or re convicting her of the same offence I.E double jeopardy, it's simply a confirmation of the original conviction. It's not uncommon for convictions to be appealed, and then later overturned, so what makes America think that they can apply their value and legal process to a foreign country - oh sorry I forgot that's what they have spent th last 10 years trying to do in Iraq and Afghanistan. My bad, the rest if the world shouldn't be that surprised by Americas likely refusal to extradite.

• For America's Reputation

We signed an extradition treaty with Italy. We ask and expect for people to be extradited from Italy to the USA. We must uphold our side of the agreement. Anything short of compliance with an extradition request will hurt the reputation of the USA. If we don't then all countries will view us as untrustworthy.

• Endorse Murder Tourism?!

Her PR firm did a good job of keeping most US journalists from covering the damning evidence being submitted in court on the other side of the Atlantic, but Harvard Law Professor Dershowitz is right: the evidence against Knox and her 2 boy toys is "strong". All 3 lied to police and all 3 left DNA in all the wrong places at the crime scene.

The defendants were given every opportunity to challenge the evidence for 7 years worth of free, automatic appeals (something they would not be entitled to in the USA). The US should respect the verdict, the treat they signed with Italy and the tenets of international law by extraditing Knox if she is requested.

The US should not be adopting a policy of "Murder Tourism" such that Seattleites can stab people in Italy then run home as if nothing happened.

The drugged-up liar got a fair trial and is not worth the loss of American prestige or diplomatic power that would flow from denying the Italian and British governments. Their future cooperation in the event a terrorist, spy or mobster winds up hiding in those nations is paramount.

We should not let our sense of patriotism blind us to the reality of a confession, a false accusation and a DNA match at 16 loci when a DNA match at just 13 loci is enough to convict someone the US.

• Skipped new trial it demanded

1. Knox CHOSE not use the Italian "fast track" system.
    2. Knox was found guilty, there was no abuse of process; there were PROCEDURAL errors.
    3. Knox was never acquitted, the second level "trial" order what in the US is termed a REMAND for a new trial.
    4.Knox then fled Italy while released on bond.
    5. Knox, as sociopaths do, when they are able to evade the justice system, became arrogant. It states it will never return to Italy and face justice.

Knox is a classic sociopath, and I have worked in the US justice system for over 20 years. Much like the inmate I represented on an attempted escape charge. Convicted of 1st degree murder, sentenced to life (the State could not prove which of two fired the fatal shot.) He NEVER showed any emotion about the shooting death of the young a convenience store clerk, add stated "he went for the alarm, we told him not to."

Then, he asked about his lunch not being on time. No human emotion, the killing was just another crime, in a series of crimes. "Ho hum, where is my lunch?" That was one of my first encounters with sociopaths, thus memorable. I have since encountered quite a few more. Now they are easier to identify.

Accused and convicted killers most often either:
    Deny responsibility.
    Exhibit regret and remorse, but swear they are "changed".
    Exhibit regret and remorse but insist, vehemently, they were "forced" to kill in defense.
    The Knox type simply ignore the crime, the victim, the suffering, and complain of their plight. Nothing matters but their unhappiness with incarceration.

Amanda Knox is identical to the latter. Knox has exhibited no human interest in the horrid death of Meredith Kercher except as it impacts it's own comfort.

• Staged break-in and bloody footprints

Amanda more or less proved that she participated in the murder when she described the suffering Meredith probably endured. She also talked to the investigators about a sexual assault that occurred when she accused her boss (Lumumba) of committing the crime. What sexual assault? Staged break-in, bloody footprints = guilty.

• Extradite her to Italy

There was DNA and a knife! Amanda's on the handle of a knife and Meridith's blood on the blade, The knife was found as the bf's apartment! Explain this to me please be I read all of the transcripts. The first court convicted her. The second over turned the conviction and third overturned the appeal. 2 out of 3 courts says she did it. The Italian courts are not a joke. They allow for arguments and counter arguments to be made she is just not happy that her counter argument was not as good as the prosecutions. In my opinion those whom do not know or understand a foreign process easily criticize it, and will find fault with it no matter what they see. What I do not understand is why they do not deserve the same respect that she deserves. Her story changed several times and there is evidence and well to be frank, she it amazes me that regardless of what we as civilians think. The law is the law she was found guilty she should be returned to finish her sentence. Sad we want the process to weed out right from wrong but dispute it when we disagree with it's findings.

Posted by: Knox
  • Extradite her to Italy

Posted by: Knox
  • She should be subject to the law like the rest of us

If all cons could blame the police and corruption, no one would be in jail. If she is found guilty in a western, democratic country that is furthermore subject to the European Court of Human Rights scrutiny, I think she should have to go back and do her time. The conviction must be considered fair and should not be judged in the media.

• Absolutely no evidence

I have watched the trials, I have reviewed the "evidence", I have reviewed the testimony... This is such a joke of a "case." I am sorry that there was a death but there is ZERO evidence that Amanda or her boyfriend at the time had anything to do with it. Here you have a zealous prosecution who wanted to find someone(s) guilty and placed guilt before they even investigated. There are no witnesses, there is no DNA, there is no motive, etc. The USA should NOT allow extradition. It is amazing that people still cannot see the scapegoating that is going. Again, condolences to the family .

• It would be double jeopardy under US and International Law

Italy and the US are both tied to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. Double Jeopardy is clearly banned. Italy might not understand what Double Jeopardy is, but if they didn't they shouldn't have signed the treaty. The US has no obligation to honor an extradition request that would clearly violate other treaties, and International Law.

• The Italian System of Criminal Justice is a Joke

There was in the original trial insufficient evidence to convict her of the crime for which she is charged. Even if new evidence surfaced, she has already been tried and therefore ought not be tried again. In legitimate criminal justice systems like the United States, double jeopardy is unconstitutional, but alas. That the Italian court system humiliated itself on the international stage is no cause for a repeat of nonsense.

Posted by: YYW
  • No, she should not.

She has already been tried for her crimes in the Italian court and thus to extradite her back due to the outcome of the case would violate the judicial process as well as a violation of her basic rights. If the court has already come to a decision, even if it is not a favorable one, it should not be allowed to rejudge the case for the same thing just because the prosecution did not have their way.

• A Violation of Human Rights

Amanda Knox was acquitted of the crime of Murder in an Italian court. By their own law, she was proven Innocent. The prosecutor should not be allowed to suddenly change the rules of the Game in order to attempt to Win again. This is like playing Chutes and Ladders with my 4 year old niece. If she loses, she suddenly decides to change the rules in her favor in order to win the next round. Then she insists you play again, and again. The only way to stop this cycle is to refuse to play with her until she can play by the rules. She might stomp off in a huff but she learns that she doesn't get to change the Rules in order to get her way. I see this far too much in European Culture and Personality. If they don't like how things are going, they blame everyone but themselves, then try to throw the game board to force you to play the game their way. This sense of immature entitlement is epidemic in some countries. Refuse to play their game. Inform the Italian government that she has been acquitted, and according to U.S law that means the Game Is Over. Retrying her for the same crime would be a violation of Her Human Rights under U.S law, and as a U.S citizen she is protected by those laws. They're going to huff and puff and might storm off to their "room" to pout for a while, but eventually their immature temper tantrum will fade. And maybe next time they'll learn to play by the Rules

• Amanda Knox should not be extradited.

I think that enough is enough when it comes to Amanda Knox, also known as Foxy Knoxy, and the crimes that she has supposedly committed in Italy. The Italian courts have shown themselves to be an absolute joke, and it would be wrong to send her back there to face those charges.

• Not right now because dealing about it now in the US is in her best interest.

No, I don't think that Amanda Knox should be extradited to Italy; at least not yet. I think that she and her lawyers should do their best to work from the United States and perhaps get this sorted out. I still do not believe that she is guilty. I think extraditing her to Italy should be the last resort.

• No extradition for Knox

I do not believe she has received a fair hearing, nor will she. These Italian judges are corrupt and change their minds repeatly, if anyone should go to jail it should be them! They have no evidence that Amanda or her then boyfriend killed anyone. Hear say evidence is all they have and that's not good enough. She is an American citizen!!!

• Too little physical evidence at the crime scene.

Almost impossible for her to leave No trace if she was in the room when her roommate was murdered. There is something about her that isn't adding up, but it's not murder. I think she is hiding something, though. Drug transaction? There must be some reason for the cover-up being staged and the lies.

• I question the approval side of this argument

Either you're Italian and ignorant to the way real law works or you're complete idiots who have no idea how things work in "law land". If you guys want to have a kangaroo court to get YOUR answer. Then go for it! But don't expect the US to deliver Amanda to you.