Should amarica get rid of the first amendment?

Asked by: Troyglidden
  • It needs to go

Reedom FROM Speech! Freedom FROM Religion! You have no right to hurt people's feelings, the USA with it's 1st amendment looks backwards compared to the rest of the developed world. It's bad for the economy and people should not be able to say what ever they want ! . .

• Deez nutz -ha gotham

Yankees are peewees, i love asian dating sites. But i dont like racism. The united takes is going to be overtaken by facism ( donald trump), according to the deez nutz club the amendment needs to go because i is not an american ideal. What is american ideas besides corrupt capitalism and rapid government spending. We sould become communist where there is no class system and stuff.

• Wow....Reading between the lines

Everyone loves to support the idea behind the first amendment being offensive because it gives people the right to say and pray how they want. People like troyglidden (see above in the"yes" section) think that gives people the freedom to say what they want..... Guess what it does! I can go out in public and say whatever I want. I have that freedom, that's what makes this country great. What people fail to realize, and why people want to scream that is offensive and needs to be changed is because a person that has freedom of speech might say something that another person would find offensive. But news flash, they have laws for people saying offensive things. So to state that we should get rid of freedom of religion and freedom of speech because someone that will be punished for saying something stupid is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard. That's like saying if my religion believes that it should be illegal for someone to blink, I have that right to believe in that religion. However!!! I can not force my beliefs on other people, and that is exactly why this is the greatest country in the world. Because I can have the freedom to say what, and to pray to whom or what I believe. Stop getting it confused. Bottom line you can say what you want and you can pray to who you want but if you say something offensive or for something up on someone else that's where you go wrong and it is punishable by different laws.

• Yes, let's start by banning Troyglidden from speaking!

Let's repeal the 1st amendment. We can start by banning Troyglidden and all of the people who are saying "yes" in a nonsarcastic way from speaking on the internet or in public. I'm sure they will not mind since they don't believe in freedom of speech anyways. They must not consider the right to voice their opinions to be very valuable so they won't miss it.

• Troyglidden is obviously just a troll,

America is not the only country in the world with legal protection for its people to speak, and the presentation of Troyglidden's stance is so over-the-top that I find it hard to believe he isn't just playing a joke. . . . . . . . . . . .

• It is really sad how much stupidity there is in the world.

So Troyglidden, you want to force people to say what you want them to say and make them believe what you want them to believe in, and you're calling that freedom? Boy, oh boy. You're an extremely super special kind of stupid, aren't you now? Go back to middle school civics, you dogmatic moron.

• Keep America Free

You do NOT have a right to NOT be offended, and therefore, EVERYONE should have the right to say whatever they want unless it is a matter of inciting violence or serious national security matters. That is what makes the US such a great country. If you are offended by someone's words, you can cry a little and eat an ice cream and feel better, little children.
    Seeing the 20% of people opposing our constitution's very foundation is a perfect reason why Democracy is a failure of a system. The masses are too uneducated to do what is right for the nation, which is why the US is a Republic, it should stay a Republic.

• Keep America Free

• No Absolutely Not

There's no reason the 1st amendment should be appealed. The whole point of America in my opinion is a place where people from different backgrounds can come together and express themselves as individuals. This does mean that you have the freedom to hear things you may disagree with or find offensive, but it also grants you the freedom of rebuttal. This is how debates spark and ideas are shared. I certainly don't advocate purposely being mean to others, but if you cannot express yourself, you are living with the idea that your personality does not matter unless it assimilates with the ideas of the majority. I find this very dangerous in a country as big and diverse as America.