• Yes, I think we need to make a change.

As a nation, we have grown, been through painful and traumatic events, and learned to live with one another. We have helped one another through natural disasters and assorted hardships. I think we need to change the National Anthem to a song that speaks of the family of man, hope, and the American spirit that keeps us all together. Perhaps the next National Anthem could be selected by popular vote.

• The anthem should not change

The national anthem should not change. It has great historical importance and it is an acurate depiction of this great country. Some people feel it is too violent in its lyrics but that is not the case. It is a song that the a American citizens can be very proud of.

• I don't think we should change the star spangled banner

Changing the national anthem is like changing how we play baseball games and football games, etc. If we change it we would be changing one of Americas famous traditions. Its easy to say I disagree to changing it. DO NOT CHANGE IT PLEASE. And if people say that its hard to sing I think it should be because it needs to be song very well because it is such a good song.

• It's a tradition.

No, America should not change its National Anthem, because what we have has been used in the United States for a long time. We should not change something that is so ingrained in history and around the world. We would also never be able to agree on what to replace it with. We should keep what works.

• No, not at all.

We should keep the United States National Anthem as it is right now. I have never heard a more beautiful one in my life. It really speaks volumes of how proud and successful the USA is and all of the hardships it has endured and overcame. Keep the Star Spangled Banner.

• America National Anthem

I personally disagree,People have been trying to state that the US should adopt a new anthem, and that "The Star Spangled Banner" is outdated, and not as good as it should be as an anthem. But this is untrue. People have been using this song for centuries. Why take time to learn and memorize a new one? This is a simply ridiculous proposal. Plus, this is a tradition. Why abandon our tradition? Traditions are traditions, and we should not abandon traditions. We all need to stand strong against the proposal of a new anthem.