• Yes, This may be hard to believe but the decision saved lives.

When the bomb was dropped, about 180,000 people died from it wether it had been immediately or over time. If the bomb was never dropped, millions of Japanese and americans would have died from ground warfare and thats not even counting the lives that would have been lost when the soviet union declared war on japan. The bomb brought an end to WWII and like it or not, it saved possibly millions of lives. Now some people might say "oh what about the environment?" . Well it may take awhile for radiation to die down but cities can be rebuilt and plants can be planted. I support the decision to drop the bomb

• Using the bomb saved lives

The usage of the atomic bombs over the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki saved both American and Japanese lives. Without the bombs, allied forces would have been forced to invade mainland Japan. This would have been a bloodbath exponentially bigger than the terrible destruction that took place on Okinawa. Through the use of the bomb and the Soviet Unions entry into the war, this was avoided, and the Japanese surrendered. So the bombs saved American and Japanese lives through the forcing of surrender.

• Yes bea i

Because they did not surrender nd they said they would attack our people I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I

• Yes bea i

• G rdg g

Gr dg dag d,g redh ghdf hds fhd gh dgh dgfhgchdfhdhgfch gh gch dghgdh dghdgh dsgh d fh gd h gh gcfh gc h hfh f h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h

• It prevented further use of the weapon in following wars.

If the bomb was not dropped on Japan in WW2, would it have been potentially used in the cold war except instead of dropping one at a time what if we used it as a bombing raid and had multiple planes dropping multiple bombs. The damage would have been unthinkable. A lot of lives were lost by dropping the bomb, but an unimaginable number were saved from it.

• A demonstration explosion over Tokyo harbour would have convinced Japan's leaders to quit without killing many people.

Instead of a wide scale attack on a large, populated city, a demonstration bomb over a less populated region could have been enough for the Japanese government to agree to surrender. This would have killed less people, and also demonstrate what the US is capable of, in order to convince the Japanese into surrendering

• E g d b f

Nah to the ah to the no, no, no
    My name is no
    My sign is no
    My number is no
    You need to let it go
    You need to let it go
    Need to let it go
    Nah to the ah to the no, no, no
    My name is no
    My sign is no
    My number is no
    You need to let it go
    You need to let it go
    Need to let it go
    Nah to the ah to the no, no, no

• No. It is bad.

La lal lalal lalal lalal lal la lal al lal al lal la lal lal la lal lal allal la lal la ewk f;oq jf;ojo irj poweifj jkf kdjf;lskdjf ;kfja;s ldkfja; slkdjf ;lkf jas;ldfkjas;dfkj as;dlfkj sldkfj;slkdfj;sdl kfja; asfjk a;lsk fjas jflj;sldkfj;sl dkflkjf lkfj ;aslkfj ;lskfj ;alkfj;alsfkd lfkj o jfa;klfjs;dlkfj ;alskf

• Using the bombs just advanced a victory that the U.S. would've had anyways

The bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were entirely unnecessary. The bombings while they saved American lives, hurt too many Japanese lives. For every 1 American soldier that was saved by the bomb, SIX Japanese CITIZENS were killed by it. Still years later, Japanese people suffer from radiation poisoning. Even if it had been the only way to win the war without unconditional surrender, it would have been unacceptable. However, it wasn't necessary to win the war. Admiral William D. Leahy can be quoted saying that before the bombs were dropped Japan was already defeated. America would've won the war within 2 weeks had the bombs not been dropped. Also, Russia had agreed to enter the war against Japan, so even though America was losing steam, it had a whole other country at its disposal. The atomic bombs hastened U.S. victory, but they were unnecessary, and not even very beneficial. They didn't protect U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens weren't in real danger of Japan. America should not have dropped the atomic bombs.

• No, atomic weapons shouldn't even exist.

Atomic weapons and anything that causes mass destruction is a bad thing. What good country would even own something like that? They kill people and destroy the environment, which we need to protect. Life is important, and it must never be taken. It's shocking there is no vote against this weapon.