Should America spend less money on its military?

Asked by: Britboy803
  • Our military budget is bloated to the point of absurdity.

We spend over half of our national budget on the military- more than the next nine top spending nations COMBINED. It's grotesque.
    Other developed nations have proper healthcare, excellent education, better standard of living...We spend billions on experimental fighter jets that never even see a test flight. But screw programs like Head Start and paying teachers what they're worth.

• Why keep it so high?

I really can't see any reason that America's military needs a 400% bigger budget for their army than China (the second highest budget in the world). I think they should concentrate on funding other more important things like maybe public healthcare and proper education, maybe even free university or paying of the debt.

• We spend so much more than we need!!!

Not only do we spend more than we need, but half of what the military spends doesn't even work or is never used. If we, instead of paying for things like broken tanks and glitchy fighter jets we payed for things like education, then we would STILL be the strongest military in the world BY FAR!!!!!!!!

• We spend so much more than we need!!!

• We spend too much

No one is suggesting that we STOP funding the military, and it's ridiculous to even consider that. However, it's also ridiculous that we spend more on our military than the world's other 9 top spenders COMBINED. This is completely unnecessary, and we could easily use this money to better support our education and healthcare systems. It's common sense. Don't stop funding the military entirely, but we certainly don't need to continue funding it superfluously.

• It is stupid

It's all stupid aisojdio ajisojd oijaio joisj oj iojaisodjioji ojo jj j j j jjj jj jj jj j j j jj j j j jj j j j j jj j j j j j jj j j j j j jj jj j j jj j j jj j

• The government should spend less on the military

Over 50% is outlandish- especially during peace time. This will increase the debt ceiling, therefore driving up cost of living and an increase of taxes. Other programs that will have positive economic impacts need more funding. Funds from military spending can be allocated for programs like education, health care and the environment.

• Help me pleasee

Hey guys, My name is Rose and I'm doing an econ project right now at my high school and I need interviews on our topic of military spending. It would be awesome to get some of your opinions so if you don't mind scheduling a phone interview would be perfect. Thanks! Rsprauer@lshigh.Org

• Help me pleasee

• Our protection is our life

What would happen if we were to be under attack from ISIS and part of America was under their control. But, they have your family as hostages and others people as well. If we stop funding the military this could happen, Better protection. Or better education? I would pick protection because my life and family come first than any other thing.

• So u would rather die?

Would u rather have freedom or be controlled by ISIS? It is not that hard to answer. America spends more money on military for a good reason. And that is, They help protect America and Americans'. Because of the military budget we, as Americans, can keep our freedom and our money.

• Military helps to protect us.

Mcdonalds jbbhghfsjghjfsajfhgdjgjh nbsjfhd bdjhafdghfjg hsgdjgfhjdgfj dhhghgu jjhj jjhj j jhj j j j j j jnjnj n n n n n n n n n n nn n n nn n n nn n n n n n nn n n n nn n n nn n n n n n

• Why don't we keep what we worked for?

You are basically saying "let's have ill equipped troops and ruin this great nation"! If that sounds good to you then you're either stupid or a democrat. We need more, not less! Lets develop the F-35, lets come up with replacements for our bombers, come up with alternatives to the LGM-30, not the exact opposite

• What Would Defend Us

If we didn't spend as much as we do on our military it wouldn't make us a world super power. If we quit spending money on our military it would make us to easy to take over, no one would be afraid of us anymore. To be able to defend and protect our citizens and other countries citizens, is great for us because then we don't seem weak and to strong because we have other countries just as or little worst than our military.

• Why let 250 years of progress be torn down?

Were based on military, if not we would be British, or now Germans, just because we haven't been attacked, doesn't mean we don't need defenses, we need more planes, we need more soldiers, not less. When we let our guard down Russia or China could just come in and take this all, none the less with nuclear technology

• Our military is the best in the world

Yes, out country is in debt. Yes, a lot of it could be solved by reducing the amount of military spending. But, we shouldn't do it. While we spend more than the next 10 countries, you have to take into account that our military is better than all of theirs. We have the best military in the world, hands down. If you want to reduce military spending, you're being selfish and putting your sons and daughters at risk of not coming back home, without that money, the military can't afford to supply the soldiers with the best gear and weapons possible. Telling other people that you think we should reduce military spending is like saying "Yeah, I want our soldiers to be ill-fitted to protect our country and my basic freedoms. You know the saying "If you don't stand behind our soldiers, you're more than welcome to stand in front of them."

• Nope we need the money

We are america we need a strong military because are the strongest ans will remain the strongest and ever since the american revolution we have continued to grow i i i i i ii ii i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i

• Nope I think not

Because if we spend less on our country, then we would no longer feel safe! We are the land of the free because of the brave. If we cut their funding, we endanger our freedoms! No one would feel safe enough to go outside if we spend less on our country.

• No, America should not spend less on its military.

The military is one of the most important departments in our country. The department of defense is our safety net in the event that we are under attack. This is why we cannot reduce funding to the military. We need to focus on providing the right amount of money to our military to keep us safe.