Should American citizens turn to Canada for alternative cancer cures not approved in the United States?

• Yes, as per Dallas Buyers Club.

The United States has its own reasons for approving or not approving a particular drug, and that is sometimes due to the lobbying of wealthy drug companies. If someone has a very serious illness, they are wise to look anywhere they can for possible cure or just plain relief and should not be stopped by legalities that may not be moral.

• Yes they should.

I do think American citizens should turn to Canada for alternative cancer cures not approved in the United States because America is always so slow to approve things. They will quickly approve a nasty drug that has devastating side effects, but are very slow to approve many treatments that are effective. It is all about the money.

• I think it may help some

I do not have a problem with Americans turning to Canada for alternative cancer cures not available in the US. Cancer is a serious and often fatal disease and I think people have a right to do anything they can and choose to do in order to help save their life.

• Traveling For Medical Reasons

I believe American citizens should turn to Canada for alternative cancer cures, especially if they are not approved in the United States. I doubt this would happen very often since there are many similarities, however medical travel has become common in the United States to avoid the inflated prices in our health care system, so I don't see any reason to travel if there are alternative treatments available elsewhere.

• American citizens should not turn to Canada for alternative cancer cures.

Americans should not have to go to Canada to get alternative treatments for cancer. There is a much bigger industry for such treatments in Mexico, which is also a neighbor of America. It is a much better idea to try alternative and experimental treatments in Mexico, because they have fewer regulations.