Should American pubic schools focus more on the histories of other countries?

• We are a part of the world.

So let me preface this by saying, I'm American. Proud and patriotic. But I've got news for you. I've been outside our country and we look like assholes guys.. We put military bases everywhere, we do what we want, we aren't culturally sensitive at all.
    Besides, how many times can you learn the same things at school?

• In this day and age...

Learning about other cultures and histories is key for surviving and thriving in the global community. We can no longer hope to compete with other countries if we keep our social studies about ourselves. Besides, it gives us a sense of humility; it's less easy for people who want to trump up our own accomplishments to do so in the light of comprehensive world history. In reply to jubjub, we're actually the second best liked country worldwide, but that's not guaranteed for much longer.

• Key word guys.

America. America. America. History about other countries is important don't get me wrong but we should learn more about our history as a nation. . . . . . ... . .. . , . . . . . . . . . .. .. . .,,. , . . , , . , .

Diqiucun_Cunmin says2015-02-21T16:05:31.820
I think a moderator should come along and correct the rather unfortunate typo...