• Yes, religious Americans are better citizens

They are faithful, patriotic, good neighbors, law abiding, civil servants, supportive of higher education, willing to help those in need consistently, raise their children in a home environment conducive to being "good" leaders, dependable and helpful, kind and considerate, obedient to God and humankind, train sons and daughters to "LOVE" their CREATOR and HIS CREATION for the BENEFIT of people from all walks of life-sex, race, color, creed and national origin.

• "One nation, under God"

The United States is a nation under God that was founded with religious ethos and morals. For far too long, modern American society has strayed from God, and the rise of atheism, agnosticism, un-affiliation, and secularism has been bigger than ever. If this nation is to survive and unite together, we must become more religious, we must get back on the path to salvation and to God. America is a melting pot of cultures, but all Americans of faith are united in the words, "One nation, under God," for God is universal and almighty, and has blessed this nation and its people, regardless of what faith they believe in. Because God and Scripture are the most important guides of wisdom and morality, they should be treated just as important as the Constitution. Because this has not happened, we are suffering for it. School shootings, for example, have occurred because he have strayed from God and his ways. We need to put God back into the public schools. Only by following God can America be the prosperous nation it was destined to be, and by following God and increasing religiosity dramatically, the American people can become more moral and patriotic. I end with the words of Rick Perry, "Faith made us strong, it can make us stronger..."
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

• Yes Americans should be more religious

Yes, I think now is the time for Americans to be more religious and look to God when making life decisions. It seems as though too many citizens are becoming more secular, and not considering that there could be a God out there and that religion can help them make better life choices.

• No. Americans should be more "none".

Religion offers nothing. Nothing more. It offers hope. It offers Heaven and Hell. It offers motivation. But we can do those things ourselves by simply wanting to be live in a better world.

Americans should be more nice, loving, tolerant, etc.. All that good stuff. They don't have to be tied with religion.

• No, Americans shouldn't be more religious

Speaking as a Christian, I don't at all believe that Americans should be more religious; such a statement suggests that something ought to be done to force Americans to pick up a religion. This goes against the very principles which founded this nation; America is a secular nation, and should always be as such, it is a nation which allows its citizens to choose their own religion, or to follow no religion, and this is a freedom which separates us from theocracies such as Iran. There is no difference between me and my atheist neighbors, other than what we choose to believe in; there is no correlation between morality and religion, and frankly, if you have to be forced to love a god, you won't really have faith in your heart, and that's just not how religion should work. If I were the only Christian in America, I wouldn't be bothered, because I have the freedom to be Christian, and my fellow citizens have the freedom to not be Christian, and that's really the only thing that matters, regarding religion in our nation.

• What is Religion?

Religion is hope, that is all. Hope that people lacks when they are depressed, lonely, or sad. There are many countries that have base religions because if there are anythings that don't mix, it is religions. Think on how many wars happened because of people who don't share the same beliefs, and if America gets covered with these beliefs, what do you think will happen? A whole new Civil war on people who don't believe in great spirit who would give them hope.

• Progress of human rights and an end to suffering.

Religion is in direct opposition to objective, rational thought. A common theme between religions is an obsession with blind faith; "ignore everything except what I tell you". This mentality is the exact opposite of what will help America grow and prosper. The ability to accept others, regardless of race or SEXUAL ORIENTATION is not optional for the betterment of a country. There is no excuse for this. And if people want to donate 10 percent of their income to something, stop wasting it on bigoted religions and donate to the poor; donate it to the homeless; DONATE YOUR MONEY TO ANYBODY AND ANYTHING OTHER THAN A RELIGION THAT IS WILLING TO OPPRESS THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS.

• You don't need God to be good. (Or bad)

People have an inborn tendency to be good and generally not be the mass murderers some people make Atheists out to be. If you believe in any deity, you must agree that this tendency was put there by that deity whether one believes in that deity or not.

Anyone who needs religion to be a good person is a psychopath. If you think that a reward/punishment system is necessary for you to be a good person, then you are not good, you're an opportunist. Good people are, have been and will always be good for goodness' sake, and not because of any deity that may exist, but probably doesn't.
    A vast majority of the prison population are religious, so I could make the case that being religious actually makes you a worse person, but I won't. There is simply no correlation between religion and being good or bad. Being taught certain values or opinions in a religious context, though, is a different thing. Religion there is a catalyst rather than the cause itself, though.