Should America's foreign policy focus on the protection of human rights?

• America's foreign policy should focus on protecting human rights

It is my opinion that America's foreign policy should focus more on the protection of basic human rights than the protection of natural resources located in foreign nations. More often than not, a financial motive takes priority in America's foreign policies. These policies would be better suited to protecting human life than financial investments.

• We are all humans.

Yes, America's foreign policy should focus on the protection of human rights, because it is terrible to allow so many people to suffer while we are living large in America. America is the shining city on a hill. We can do a lot of good to help other people by having a foreign policy dedicated to a real mission of compassion.

• Yes, America's foreign policy should focus on human rights.

I definitely think that America's foreign policy should focus on human rights. I think that ensuring that people all over the world are being treated with respect and dignity is something all nations on Earth should strive for. I think that protecting human rights is a policy everybody can agree with.

• Yes it should.

America's foreign policy should focus on the protection of human rights. And we do that already, but look very hypocritical with our wars, drones, and sanctions. I think American foreign policy needs to ramp up the human rights aspect of it. It would be a big help to the world and our image.