Should America's gun control be strengthened?

Asked by: JB774
  • Wake up people.

The world has so many problems because of guns. They should
    have tighter restrictions and regulations. How many killings happened in the past year alone? Does it matter? One is to many. We are not saying to take away all your guns. They need some type of limitations on these things!

• Yes. If it saves a life or two, its worth it.

America has a very low level of gun control, allowing for people with intentions that aren't for the better to purchase a firearm. Even though the constitution states that you have the right to bear arms, this does not mean after you have had background checks of some sort to ensure that privilege is not being misused.

• Silencers, bullets to go through cops vests, semi-automatic pieces aren't for protection.

Shown by the last 3 mass shootings and numerous more it shows that people are not using them to protect themselves. I have had personal experience as my parents were in Las Vegas at the shooting. Another shooting a couple days ago in a couple towns over in Thorton, Colorado and then just today Texas. I believe in using our voices to fight for change. There is no reason that silencers or bullets to go through cops vests or semi-automatic pieces should be legal. That is not for anyone's protection. Why do we sell bulletproof vests like the one the shooter was wearing in Texas. Police are the only people who need them. Hunters don't need bulletproof vests. It cannot be political anymore because people are dying. Hundreds of people are dying.

• Please, please, please support the need to strengthen the gun laws in America!

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Which is why lawmakers must strengthen laws that will limit the sale of automatic weapons to those who use them against innocent men, women and children. Ask Gabrielle Giffords and Steve Scalise what they feel about our gun laws. Ask any surviving family member who has lost someone to gun violence and ask yourself, "How would I respond if I too were affected by such violence"?

• We should all have the right to protect our home.

We should all have the right to protect our home.No matter the tract record of guns, I think everyone who wants it, should have the right to bare arms. I have shotguns in my home, no they are not loaded and there put up in there gun-case. Until my family and I feel the need to protect ourselves. No its not okay to shoot anyone point blank for no reason but if its self-defensive than that changes the game.

• My opinion of guns

Because more people are being killed due to guns. So it should be stopped and whatever so la la la al la la l al al lal l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

• Guns don't kill people, people kill people

I have a 12 gauge shotgun and to prove that guns don't kill people i put it on my porch with a couple of extra rounds, because you know why not, i left it out there all day long and at the end of the day there weren't any corpses on my lawn. So i have come to the conclusion that guns don't kill people

• Gun control please

We really need people to start using guns the way they should. People often say its not my fault but truth be told.... It is not the guns fault its the users fault, now if we were to strengthen laws then people would have less of a chase to miss use guns, im not saying ban but strengthen is a yes.

No matter the tract record of guns, I think everyone who wants it, should have the right to bare arms. I have shotguns in my home, no they are not loaded and there put up in there gun-case. Until my family and I feel the need to protect ourselves. No its not okay to shoot anyone point blank for no reason but if its self-defensive than that changes the game.

• It is not the guns fault

We need to blame the user NOT the gun. It is not the guns fault but the user. We have the right to bear arms against a tyrannical government. They have predator drones so why not have a fully automatic gun. In the long run how many lives are saved because of guns?

• This will hinder the wrong people

The people that this will hurt, are law abiding citizens. If someone wants a gun, they will have no problem getting one illegally. Increasing gun control will just make the process longer. Some say that guns kill people. Why is it that when a drunk driver kills someone in an accident we blame the driver, but when someone gets shot we blame the gun.

• We Need Protection

The government and certain people may think that gun control is a major thing, but we have the right to bear arms. This states that we can take arms against the government. They cannot take this away from us. It is stated in the Bill of Rights and is a freedom that we Americans deserve.

• It doesn't make sense.

Gun Control only hurts law-abiding families. Someone who plans to use guns in the wrong way would not follow strict rules. In addition, a national gun registry is a dangerous annihilation of liberty in America, and I fear that a few years down the road everyone would regret such measures.

• What difference will it make

Mentally unstable people will not be limited with such gun control laws. Most shootings are started by mentally unstable kids and adults with illegal access to guns via friends, family, the black market, and illegal gun vendors. Making it harder to legally buy guns won't stop people who are illegally buying them

• No gun control

Guns are a tool that need attention brought to them through gun safety courses not taking them away. Guns can be used for good or bad its up the hands they are in not the guns themselves. I think we need to focus on communities promoting gun safety rather then promoting the suppression and restriction of the second amendment.

• Only an idiot thinks gun control works

Where do most mass shootings happen?
    Gun free zones

Gun laws only stop law abiding citizens from owning guns. Not violent gangs or killers.

Murders are not on 'the bench' about killing. I imagine it takes strong emotional drives to want to kill. Thus we can assume that if they had no gun available, they'd use a different weapon.. Like a bomb.

Background checks are good, but people who are clear to own should be able to use that privilege to defend themselves wherever they roam. So long as it's not forbidden on someone's private property. Give teachers the right to defend themselves.

Guns were normal tools people had throughout our history. Only now, it is easy for criminals to prey on the undefended law abiding citizens who can't take their guns to school or find it to difficult to acquire one for defense.