Should an ideal of a master race be used to genetically alter human beings?

• Go with hitler

If you look through out history, and look at all of the problems of the world and how they were fixed you will see that the caucasions have been the dominant race forever. Therefore a master race should be made, and it should try to remove all other races, and fix the world.

• It will help with medical. It will create people to be healthier and less to get diseases. It will despise vain people

I believe in genetical engineering a master race. It will cause people not to be vain, ignate. I believe it will help medicine be developed. I get that genetic engineering had bad history with it, but if we do it in a more safe and fun way I belive its possible

• Not necessarily a master race, but a specific standard.

I wouldn't say that we should alter human beings to fit an ideal master race. However, I say we should try to encourage people to change to fit a specific standard. This would help usher many social benefits. For example, if everyone had white skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair or if everyone had black skin, curly hair, and brown eyes, there would no longer be a racial divide and no one could judge you on your ethnicity. There would no longer be any sense of superiority or inferiority based on the color of one's skin. People having children should be encouraged to help alter their embryo's DNA to fit a certain standard regardless of what that might be.

• Past events show that this does not work.

That is what is known as eugenics, and it is the worst possible form of eugenics. Adolph Hitler funded scientists who were seeking to do just this (oh, and he also slaughtered millions of Jewish people to accomplish racial purity as well). We've learned from the past that it doesn't work.

• An ideal of a master race should not be used to genetically alter human beings.

It is not ethical to genetically alter human beings, and the idea of a master race is highly offensive. This idea was tried by the Nazis in Germany, and it is considered a crime against humanity. We should not forget what has happened in history and avoid these mistakes in the future.

• A Dangerous Concept

I do not believe an ideal of a master race should be used to genetically alter human beings. I believe this is a dangerous concept because there is not one ideal that all people would agree on. We would essentially end up creating new race wars that would cause even bigger problems in the future.

• No, a master race should not be used to genetically alter human beings.

I believe the genetic engineering or genetic altering of human beings or animals is wrong. To genetically alter or genetically engineer humans or animals is to play god. We need to let nature take its course and let nature give us what it gives us. We should not interfere with nature.

• People should have freedom of choice in altering themselves

It's your body and you if you are an adult should have the freedom of choice to alter yourself as you wish once the technology is available, not determined by some dictator who wants to create a 'master race'.

For parents altering their children it should be allowed (and even enforced) based on cost-benefit analysis. Some genes may have only positives, those should be mandatory, to refuse is essentially child neglect. Some genes may have only negatives, those should be prohibited, that would be child abuse. Most genes will probably be mixed, and then it should be the parents' decision as long as the negatives aren't too terrible. It's not easy to see how the line should be drawn.