• Yes. It's morally wrong.

Abuse is wrong. I thought this was a simple thing to understand. We are all animals, so technically this means, should abusers be killed? Yes, totally. I still need twenty three words so... Yea. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, zero. Overall, abuse is just immoral.

• Kill all people who abuse animals

Yes people who abuse animals should get the death penalty and so should thier entire family. If we start killing thier family members people will stop and think twice. They should be public executions and thier wealth should be given to support programs to teach kids at a young age that is wrong to hurt poor defenseless animals.

• Kill all people who abuse animals

• Yes animal abuse should be punished by death!

Put yourself in an animals shoes, you can't cry for help... You just killed a defenseless little animal, why since humans are pieces of trash. People need to be punished by death, since if they're not, then they won't ever learn right & wrong. That is why I believe that people should get the death penalty when they kill an animal!

• Animals have feelings and personalities

Animals have feelings, unique personalities, and a much higher compassion level. From my experience, animal abusers are usually power hungry people that look to control others (both animals and humans). Although I don't think that every form of animal abuse should be punishable by death, I think that it should be the case for the worst offenders. I do think that the penalties for both animal and human abuse should be much stricter with a 5 year minimum prison sentence. I would also not be opposed to a system where the abuser receives the same punishment that he used to abuse his victims. That seems like a very just system. Without stricter sentences, abuse will not end.

• Only when it's intentionally

People who abuse animals for their amusement should face death penalty. Those people are sick and if they can do something like that to animals who are innocent one hundred percent just imagine what would they do if a human being made them angry. Animal abuse other crimes. We should not let people with those genes continue existing.

• Cruelty is cruelty

...And it perpetuates itself like a bad gene. If an animal torturer/murderer is allowed to breed, their progeny most likely will have that evil gene, since the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. There is justification for snuffing out evil. We did it with Hitler. Evil is evil and immoral is immoral. Animal abusers are evil and immoral. Killing is wrong, so neutralize them by sterilization.

• Yes, they should

Animals are live beings with a conscious. Abusing them and only having to pay a fine is not enough to learn a lesson about the value of life. Pushing abuse onto animals is the same as abusing humans, it's just been switched onto a different living being. Humans are 'animals', so then why are people so fired up about abusing other humans when people so easily abuse animals? Why can't people just let animals live free and enjoy life? Animal abuse is not right, and should be punishable by death.

• Animals are not toys!

Animals are people to. They do not deserve to be tossed around or beaten to death by someone who was SUPPOSED to LOVE them. Animals are not personal property they are not "pets" they are unique in every way we are. We humans may share little resemblence to them but we. Are. The. Same.

• In some cases yes

If they torture an animal to the point of death, then that is done with malice and intent and they should be held accountable. Someone that can do that to an animal I feel has no place amongst us. Maybe a lengthy jail term first time and then if it happened again, you know that person cannot be rehabilitated and then I believe death is a viable punishment. Or if such a horrific first crime then I do believe in death for retribution. If they are allowed to do it and only get a slap on the wrist then it will just get worse from there.

• Seriously? No... No.

First of all, I love animals of all kinds. The simple truth, however, is that animals are not as important to our society as humans. We should not set a precedent establishing that an animal's life is a precious as a human's. I think animal abuse SHOULD be punished. But it's not murder to kill an animal.

• Animal abuse is not ok.. But murdering the abuser is equally as wrong.

Animal abuse is wrong and should have a punishment enforced if it happenes but the punishment for abuse should not be equal to or more severe than the punishment given for killing a human(meaning the death penalty). It is generally believed that an animal is not on the same level as a human.

• Yes, in some cases.

There is something wrong with some of those who would hurt animals; they are clearly bad people and can't be fixed. Animals may well feel fear for their lives just as much as a person, assuming they understand the situation. They have no I'll intent and do not deserve such treatment.

• No not at all

First of all, 'animal' abuse occurs everywhere, especially within animals themselves. It depends on what you mean or perceive by 'abuse'. Do I think it's wrong for a human being to use their power to hurt another animal, yes torture should not be tolerated but the meaning of 'torture' can be fluctuating, especially with the fact that there is no clearcut view to what is 'animal abuse'. For example, in Spain it is widely accepted and celebrated to perform lacerations on a bull as a cultural phenomenon, whether in the United States it might seem as cruel and unacceptable. I don't personally think you should degrade, hurt or torture an animal and I do think you deserve a sentence for doing so but death is a little bit too strong.

• Against capital punishment anyway

This highlights the emotional vengeance component of capital punishment.

I'm a big fan of animals. Hate the idea of animal abuse, but the idea that I would exact vengeance like this is just as disgusting as the act of animal abuse.

Purely an emotional appeal with little to no social benefit.

Posted by: TBR
  • Of course they have to!!!

Even they are animals, they are the same living things us. If a person took away an animal's life, they have to have have they're lives equally.
    I don't even understand why they could kill cute animals like that. Also, if they don't stop it immediately, this thing will go on forever.

• No, that's going too far

Animal abuse is a horrible, disgusting, inhuman thing and everyone who supports it is a complete and utter @55hole but death sentence? It's not THAT bad. It definitely shouldn't go unnoticed and maybe people who abuse animals should get more than charges but not execution! I'm thinking maybe like 1-5 years in prison.