• It saves our own skins

Because we need animal testing in order to see if the formula is safe or not. Also, there are medical advances because of animal testing. The opp side only tells us of how it is immoral or not. However, our own lives are much more important than monkeys or mice or rats.

• It's Just Cruel

If something goes wrong or if your testing for a medication, you have to know how it would affect somebody so the animals would have to go through all of the side affects and its possible to overdose because some animals are more sensitive inside. If the animal gets really sick, they might think they did something to deserve it and on most cases, they didn't.

• Animal testing is cruel mean and horrible

I think that animal testing is horrible and I think that it should be the law that animal testing should be band from the world. So if you do animal testing you will go to jail is what I think. I watched a animal testing video and it was horrible.

• Animal testing is horrible and cruel..Period

It shouldn't happened at all..It.Pains me deeply to know that humans are that cruel. What stops us from testing on mentally challenged or geriatric patients if we test on innocent animals. Jesus said that we are like animals and we all have the same "nephesh" or spirit. Jesus loved animals why
    shouldn't we treat them the way God would want us to?

• We need to be our brothers keeper.

Animals can't fight for their lives against all the harmful chemicals they are forced to intake. It's our job to save them. We can't let them suffer for our selfish wants. They don't deserve the pain, loneliness, torturer and endless suffering. Take a stand, and don't let this go on any longer.

• At least a large portion of it should be illegal

Animal testing definitely can help people. However, for a lot of the animal testing that's currently allowed, the potential helpfulness of the research isn't great enough to justify the means. There are some experiments which could be done more reliably using alternative methods anyway--even if that means they're more expensive or the testing takes longer. The fuzzy moral grounds that allow animal testing could also have unfortunate implications for human rights.

• Animals are gifts

If you got a gift from anyone are you ganna do something bad to the gift, this is how we should think about animals. Animals should have the same right as human. Animals should not be harm or killed animals are the best gift in this earth we should take care of them not harm them.

• Torture is never ethical, never okay.

Causing another being to suffer to satisfy one's own selfish desire is totally unethical, regardless of whose name you're doing it for, science, technology whatever. Torture is torture. The animals are not given a quick, relatively painless death, as are animals used as food. They are tortured often for long periods of time. Years. It is an abomination. I don't want my life purchased at the cost of another beings suffering.
    There is something in all of us that is compassionate, wants to do good for others, all life forms. Some push this down. In so doing, they destroy a part of themselves. These so called researchers are in their own very selfish and greedy world; using their education and science as an excuse to harm others in order to gain power and money. I think many are sadistic. I stay away from doctors and the medical establishment as much as I can for this reason; we are not dealing with healthy minds when we deal with these researchers and their supporters. I shudder when I think of the millions of beings being tormented right now. And our government keeps making laws to prevent people from helping the animals, at the request of the powerful pharmaceutical and biomedical industries.

• It is wrong

They are poisoned, blinded, burned, then killed. They can't say anything about it. They are innocent animals. Their bodies are different than ours. Trapped in cages for years. Extremely expensive. Not worth killing animals. Abusive.There are other ways to test. 10s of thousands of animals die for each product. This is way too much just for a simple bottle of shampoo, mascara, lipstick, etc.

• Its just terrifying

Thousands of millions animals suffer each year and die because of animal testing. I just think it should be illegal because they have their own life's to live through just like the humans do. Its just not right for the scientist to do that to innocent animals. Stop animal testing!

• No, Animal Testing Should Not Be Illegal

Animal testing has shown to be effective in the advancement of medical science. For example, we routinely utilize animals, such as mice, to test new pharmaceuticals. Without the use of mice for such testing we would have no way to predict how the pharmaceutical might react in the human body. There is a cycle and a hierarchy of life, and at the present moment, we are the highest on the chain...like everything else, this will probably change at some point during the course of human history, but it is a fact today. If a couple million rats must perish for the sake of medical advancement, then so be it.

• No animal testing should not be allowed because a lot of animals could become miserable or even die

Animal testing is horrible and if they were to do it don't put them in chains or behind bars do people have to be at the risk of dieing? Scientists should find another way to do it build robots to test or something but don't risk the lives of animals imagine if you had to be taken away and people did a bunch of experiments on you how would you feel?

• Just no NO!

No animal testing is an awful thing to do!!!!!!
    Stop!
    How would you feel if you're treated that way.
    Like seriously people. Think. THINK!
    Animals have their right to live happily, they're not just stuff like cups or computers, they have life, feelings and freedom too. JUST TRY TO PUT YOURSELF IN

• Because it hurts

Because it hurts and why does it matter I know that you want to know if your pet or an animal that you see is ok but they are the animal and they do not want to be tested that is there problem. So I would not want the animals to be tested.

• Although animal testing is cruel, It helps to save millions of human lives

Those who talk about opposing animal testing still use many of the vaccines and products that had been tested out by animals. Animal testing might not be the best way; however, as of now it is the only way to do what we have to do. To those who strongly oppose it, i suggest they actually get up and try to do something about and rather then say its "wrong" because that will not solve anything.

• I wish I could say yes, but...

Animal testing has in fact, been instrumental in the advance of science. From a moral standpoint, I think that it is cowardly and cruel, but if we were to stop it altogether, we would not discover new advances in medicine that are vital to human and wild life. It must stay legal.