• Animals are simple property

This is an issue that is a major problem in western civilization, too often are animals humanized and thus people think they relate to them so they give them rights similar to a human. Here are some simple points as to why animals have zero rights.

Firstly I will ask a question: is nailing a cat to a door a crime?
    - Nailing a cat to a door is not a crime because laws are meant to protect humans from humans, in the case of a cat nailed to a door then no human is getting injured. However is the individual was to nail a cat to a door in a public setting then it could be seen as upsetting the peace. But if the individual does this it in private he can not be charged with anything a as he is free to do what he likes. Why should we spend money to arrest and imprison an individual who hurts animals? By taking this human out of society we are eliminating a productive human out of society. Sure the cat will feel pain but animals do not even feel pain like we do, and who cares is the cat suffers I don't care if the cutest cat ever is suffering the most horrible pain the universe can create, it is not human and we shouldn't care about it as a species. If you want to go ahead light your dog on fire I wouldn't care or judge, it is the same as lighting a tree on fire (except this 'tree' screams). This is why cats and other animals are undeserving of rights and humans are. Nailing a cat to a door is not a crime.

Second point animals are simple entities and thus are the same as rocks. Animals do not have the ability to ration or sustain a society. By definition they are not even conscious. They serve no purpose to society. So laws are in place to protect humans and society, if this dog poses a direct threat to a human it should be eliminated no question. Because they fail at all task that society throws at them then animals have no rights and are only entities that can support themselves (but due to the rock cycle animals are no better). What separates us from them is our ability to create an advancing society and our ability to ration. Until another species can appoint their own representative then I will not care about them and I will continue to be for their torture. Still this does not give an individual the permission to hurt another individuals property (or animals) because they do not own it.

Third let's not confuse a single animal from an ecosystem. An ecosystem serves many purposes to humanity and thus should be supported by law. An ecosystem provides the planet with oxygen and water two vital aspects of life. However your common dog does nothing to the environment so it has no rights.

• Stop Animal Abuse

Every day in the United States animals are beaten, neglected, or forced to struggle for survival. Left in unsanitary conditions with no food or water, they have little hope as they live out their days without the compassion they deserve. Some are found and rescued, given the chance to experience how great life and humans can be; others aren't so lucky.

Active cruelty, on the other hand, is more well known and disturbing. Sometimes referred to as non-accidental injury, this type of abuse involves purposefully inflicting harm on an animal in order to feel more powerful or gain control. Active cruelty against animals should be taken very seriously, since it can be a sign that a person has serious psychological issues and may commit more acts of violence – possibly against humans.

It is hard to tell just what drives people to harm innocent animals. “According to a 1997 study done by the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and Northeastern University, animal abusers are five times more likely to commit violent crimes against people and four times more likely to commit property crimes than are individuals without a history of animal abuse,” says Pet-abuse.Com. It is vital to report people who hurt animals. Most animal abusers find some sort of fulfillment or power in torturing a victim they know can't fight back, which is why crimes like rape and child molestation are committed. While not all animal abusers become serial killers or rapists, it is important to take every case seriously.

. Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Mississippi, North Dakota, and South Dakota have no felony provisions for cruelty to animals. According to the Humane Society, a good felony anticruelty law should protect all animals, apply to first-time offenders, carry large fines and lengthy prison time, have no exemptions, require convicted abusers to get counseling at their own expense, and prohibit abusers from owning or living among animals. Along with these laws we need officials who will strongly enforce them. Police, psychologists, and even the FBI recognize the link between animal cruelty and violence against people. To better protect communities, all states should institute strong penalties and work to increase public awareness of these crimes.

These abused animals need to be fought for because they have as much of a right to live happy. Animals don’t deserve to be tortured or harmed in any kind of way; they are poor and defenseless creatures. Many people who become animal owners do so because they love animals and want to give them a good home.
    Thousands of animals, pets usually, are abused a day. They are often kicked, hit, abused for no reason. I think that in today’s economy animal lovers could become stressed and feel they can take their anger out on their pets just to try and feel better because they are so angry. Animal abuse is wrong. The people who do it don’t deserve to be called a human.

Posted by: S.V
  • Violates the principle of benevolence.

'So is the superior man affected towards animals, that, having seen them alive, he cannot bear to see them die; having heard their dying cries, he cannot bear to eat their flesh.' (Mencius 1.7) To abuse animals is to violate the principle of benevolence, which is based on the feeling of commiseration.

Moreover, humans should assist in the nourishing powers of the earth - and that includes protecting and respecting our animals. 'Able to give its full development to the nature of other men, he can give their full development to the natures of animals and things. Able to give their full development to the natures of creatures and things, he can assist the transforming and nourishing powers of Heaven and Earth. Able to assist the transforming and nourishing powers of Heaven and Earth, he may with Heaven and Earth form a ternion.' (Doctrine of the Mean 23)

'In regard to inferior creatures, the superior man is kind to them, but not loving.' (Mencius 13.45)

• It is uncivilized

Just because we have power over animals doesn't mean we should. That is morally wrong. That's like abusing children. Just because you can hit a child doesn't mean you should. That is so uncivilized and immoral. Many animals are like children to people. They have the same chemical bond as a mother and child. We have evolved alongside dogs and we could not have survived as a species if we didn't have them to hunt and use for protection. No one can choose who or what they are born as. No one should abuse an animal.

• Animals are sentient, too

Animals are living things who are definitely worthy of moral consideration. If humans want to live up to their moral expectations, it is imperative that we treat animals with dignity and compassion. When we involve animals in any type of behavior we do (e.G. Experimentation), there must be a balance between our interests and theirs.

• They are a living thing

Why should animals be abused it's just wrong if we did it to humans it would be consider wrong just because we think we are the smartest race on earth does not mean we get the right to abuse the animals they did not do anything to us but they may hurt us in defense or when they are scared but in my honesty I think the Human race should be abused because we are the ones who start wars kill the environment and also made animals go extinct so that is my opinion

• They are a living thing

• They are a living thing

• They are a living thing

• This inset even a debate

I think any one who has a pet would agree with me that that is just messed up i mean would you really go abuse an animal if yo do you are really messed up you can even go to jail for animal abuse i think i have said enough

• They are just poor and innocent animals.

Animal cruelty is something really bad. It is just mean why would anyone even think of doing that. I think it should even be a felony if it is not yet. I mean what did the poor thing ever do to you for you to treat them that way. Pets are there to accompany you not for you to treat them like garbage. What if you were a dog, you are just there and out of nowhere they start beating you up how would you feel. Dogs have the same feelings as we do maybe even stronger. My point is that it is just not fair. Why would you even think of such thing.
    Not to be mean or anything but if you ever hurt a animal you have no heart.

• No they shouldn't

Animals have as much feelings as us. If you say they don't, give me evidence. I am using logic:) Back to the question. Animals have no reason to be abused. What if I change the debate question into, should humans be abused? Now what you gonna say? There was a previous question asking if humans are more important than animals. No we are not. We are all in the living organism section in science. Curse you, Yes side.

Forthelulz says2015-06-04T18:53:58.947
Who flagged mine? It was a perfectly valid argument, if a bit xenophobic.