• We are animals

Some people believe humans are superior than animals just because they can learn and talk. But animals in my own opinion are superior than others. All animals have been living in earth before any human being existed. Also animals don't kill for fun, they don't suicide (Lemmings don't suicide!). Also animals are stronger than us, faster than us and better swimmer.But still lots of humans are treating animals unfairly by beating them or killing them for fun. I believe humans should treat animals as if they are humans.

• The more I know about people, the better I like my dog

Human beings are so unbelievably arrogant. Just because we're intelligent, doesn't mean we're better than any other species. They have as much right be here as we do. In fact, look at what 7 billion of us have done to the planet; animals don't cause deforestation or excessive CO2 emissions. I'm not saying we should elect an Alsation for President, but I am saying we have absolutely no right to commit animal cruelty or destroy their habitat. They should be treated equally in so far as they have the right to live and not be persecuted.

• They brought us success.

Animals should definitely be treated equal because without them how would we have survived? Horses and oxen pulled plows for us, dogs helped us hunt rabbits, squirrels, and small pests. People these days don't look back on the past. Without horses how would people in the olden times travel? Sure you could walk but it would take twice as long. Animals should be treated equal because they have done more than we have ever done for them.

• Were All Animals

While humans may be animals were all family so why would it be so difficult to save/take care of your best friend? Exactly theirs no reason to let them suffer and before anyone says humans are not animals we ALL ARE while we may be evolved/more dominant we still need to look out for our pets because think about it...What if you were that animal? And before you get all sarcastic and say well i guess ill be dead imagine the suffering...Nobody or thing deserves that kind of suffering
    -Tony Marinelli

• They Definetly Shoud

Animals have feelings too and if they are hurt they will feel like us. People dont respect animals because they look different, but they are basically are us but with a different body and other ajustments and things. Some animlas are even smarter than humans. People who treat animals like crap really hurt me like they hurt them.

• We are animals

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• These animals mean a world to us.

Yes because they have done no harm to us at all and first I want to state that these poor innocent animals have lived on this planet as long as we all can remember so, we need to stick up for them and let their voice be heard too, they are so much stronger then us and 10 times faster and smarter then us.

• In a perfect world

When I think about this, I guess they should.
    They should get up at the ass-crack of dawn and head off to the cubicle jungle. Put up with all the bullshit from their four footed brothers as they claw their way up the corporate ladder. Have to reschedule meetings with the bear and leopard because the principle called and the pup has been acting up in school. Forced to give a third of their food to Uncle Sam. Try to figure out how they are going to pay for their distemper shots because they elected not to purchase the companies health insurance and they missed the open enrollment deadline for Obamacare.
    Only to reach that golden age and find out that their 401 is worthless and social security isn't enough to survive off of. So they grab a part time job at Paw-Mart just to put kibble on the table

• Animals Shouldn't Be Abused.

All the people who think animals shouldn't be treated equally as humans are really stupid animals are just the same as we are so grow up and take care of your animals people. All the people that said they should y'all just need to believe in yourself I luv animals.

• OFCOURSE! Why not?!

They should be treated fairly because they honestly are a lot like us. For example, we're all different, they're all different, the world's unique. All humans are different and treated equally(or should be), so should animals! Would scientists take you alive and test on you without caring a single bit? But then why don't they care about animals!!?? Animals are just as important in the world as we are. They have feelings, they feel what we feel. Also, not all species of animals get along, and not all people get along, its just how the world works, but there can be harmony! And there will be harmony! I AND MY FELLOW ANIMAL REPS WILL MAKE SURE ANIMALS ARE NOT MISTREATED!

• Animals are not human

I'm guessing all those that voted 'Yes' are vegan, because if they are not then there is some serious hypocrisy going on here.

I'm vegetarian myself, i'm all for animal rights and I advocate for them regularly. But animals are not humans and should not be treated as equals. I love my dog, but he is a dog. He does not have the cognitive abilities that make us human, nor the same level of emotion and empathy as humans. Animals should be treated with respect and looked after, but I would put every human I know before an animal.

• We aren't animals

Otherwise for supper today, i would not have had roast beef, but roast man (or women for those who want to be politically correct). There is something that separates us and it is this. The ability to think reason, and self actualize (as well as have debates with others). If you think all animals are nice kind furry animals, you must have missed those articles about sea otters. 1.
    Also, at what point do you decide where resources should be allocated when you have a tenfold increase in the individuals`that you need to deal with.

1 http://news.discovery.com/animals/the-other-side-of-otters.htm

• Humanism is my prefered look on things.

I am not religious, but honestly, animals are not humans, as a humanist, I simply believe that this planet pretty much belongs to us. That doesn't mean we have to be excessively cruel to animals. But on the same level as a human? No, never. Not while there are starving children in even a single place in the world.

• W t f?

The same as humans definitely not! That doesn't mean we should treat them cruelly. But what you are saying is that if a human that you don't care for and an animal are in a burning building and you can only save one you will save the animal! I cannot see how a rational person can accept that.

• Animals are animals humans are humans

I think that animals are unique creatures, but, they are not the same as humans. So they shouldn't be treated like one. If you were to ask a dog if it would go to school and write an essay, it wouldn't be able to. Because it's not human.(And it doesn't have hands). You see, animals should have just as much respect as a human, but, will not be treated the same way. Animals are animals, and humans are humans

• People are not animals.

In order to support this, humans must be accurately separated from animals. We can do so in showing for the most part mental differences (part of a way longer debate). Animals shouldn't be treated equally as humans because well for one, we eat animals. Suggesting all humans should not eat animals or animal products is relatively absurd. Humans should be humane in the way we go about this, but it is something that needs to happen. Also, "treated equally" would imply that we treat animals as humans. This would mean communication and socialization, which I don't think will happen anytime soon.

• I don't think so.

A bear kills a person in the woods, and other people witness this event. Since animals should be treated equally to humans, we should put the bear behind bars in a normal jail, since there's no need to discriminate between animals and humans. And while we're at it, animals should also be given the right to vote.

• Your species comes first

Your species always comes first, but that does not mean that animals should be treated cruelly. If you had to save one: your brother or your friend from a fire, most of us would choose to save our brother. Same with this case. But if it had choose to save all animals or a small group of people, I would have choose to save all animals because I need them the most to survive. If I was driving and I saw a house burning and I had to save a boy or a dog, I would save the boy because he's my species.

• We are above animals.

Yes, I do realize we are technically animals. But I am assuming you mean the average person's view of what an animal is, like dogs, cats, squirrels, cows, etc. We have a conscience, intelligence, creativity, innovation, art, science, religion, economies, and governments that are not simply "the strongest guy is in charge". We have many things separating us from animal, both mentally and spiritually (for those non-religious, you can just focus on mental separations). Also, we basically control the Earth, more or less. Therefore, humans first, animals second.

• We would not really treat them as equals.

Would you have a dog eat at your table at a fancy restaurant. Or would you want to kiss your dog. No. I do not agree that we need to abuse or inflict pain on dogs. But dogs should not be equal to us. Dogs will not be equally treated for crime as well as many other things. Ex. If dogs go in and eat food from a store without paying they will be seen as "cute" however if a human eats food from a store without paying then they will be fined or sent to jail.

00r3d says2014-01-10T00:38:07.160
You need to specify in what capacity the animals are to be held equal. I would find something wrong with needlessly killing that back sheep, but it would be easily justified. You can cage that sheep, ignore that sheep, and remove it from civilization without me blinking an eye. Do that to that kid, and i will ensure you are removed from the gene pool. Would anyone feel justified in killing that kid to save that sheep?
Sorry to those who may be better acquainted with domestic animals and know that may be a goat.