Should animals be used in medical research if it results in their death?

• Yes, animals should be used, but only for rare circumstances.

Personally, I would prefer if we didn't have to test things on animals, and I don't think petty things should be tested (such as cosmetics). That being said, on rare occasions, I believe that animals should be used, since a mouse dying, for example, is not as much a tragedy as a human research subject dying. On occasions where a scientist believes he or she may have a cure or treatment for a deadly disease, an animal's death is, though a tragedy, comparatively a small price to pay.

• Some research is worth it.

In order to fully progress in the world of medicine and health related technology, there have to be sacrifices. Fortunately we do not have to sacrifice people anymore in order to find out health discoveries, we have animals to take their place. As long as the experiments aren't inhumane, I'm okay with them

• Animals can be used in medical research if it results in their death.

It is acceptable to use animals for scientific research even if it results in their death. Humans are more important than animals and it is justifiable to use them to advance medical science. Anyone who consumes meat should not have a problem with using animals for medical research because these two actions are morally on the same level.

• Humans Are The Alternative

I believe we should use animals in medical research, even if it results in their death. I believe this is better, because our only alternative is to simply outright test humans first. It would be far worse for us to have deaths associated with medical testing in humans, compared to animals.

• Depending on the research, yes.

Many life saving drugs can be tested on animals. Cancer, deadly diseases, viruses, can all be cured by first testing drugs on animals. This is a good enough justification. However, if some shampoo lab wants to make sure their shampoo is safe, they could probably go without killing an animal.

• Medical Research Saves Human and Animal Lives, so Loss is Necessary

Although it is a difficult choice and not one that should be made lightly, certain medical research is so necessary to life that animal research should be used even if it results in the death of the animal. This should be reserved for medical research in fields that can save human lives, and often animal lives as well, such as cancer research, and only be done if the research is absolutely necessary, but if it meets those criteria the sacrifice is worth it.

• Environmental harm and pollution!

Millions of animal bodies, most of which contain toxins and deadly diseases are disposed of each year due to animal testing. The secondary cause of ground water contamination is due to the contamination of the surrounding soil, which is caused by the disposed bodies. Don't forget about the chemicals released into our atmosphere because of this that aid in air pollution.

• Would you use your children

If there was a issue and your husband said that he had a cure but he still needed to test it would you use your children or your own animals.Most wouldn't but this is your choice your child has no opinion what would you say. Let them live or possibly kill them

• Would you use your children

• The Animals Don't Deserve to Die

Is it fair that animals are researched on? Is it fair that they have to suffer and even die just for us to develop cures? Why don't they test cures for humans on humans? They don't deserve to die just for us. They don't want to be separated from their families and suffer for the rest of their lives. They are treated terribly and many die. Even to test medicines and cures on them is unfair. They never volunteered. Why don't people take human volunteers? Why don't they use the modern technology? There is so much modern technology out there that can replace the inhumane way of testing and research. Those animals have feelings too, and they are worth all the same as ours.

• They get abused

While they are in the lab in the cage its intentionally causes them pain, loneliness, and fear. Also the Food and Drug Administration says that 92 drugs that pass in animals fail in humans, and animals are abused every 10 seconds. Money, time, and resources. That money, time, and resources could have been spent on human-relevant research.

• No animals should be hurt

Animals should not be used for research. I say this because it is like torture. It states “Instead of injecting an animal with such things, maybe we should go out and find an animal that already has the disease or virus.” (debate.Org 1). This shows that it is torture to animals. This is just like holding a dog by the throat and feeding it poison and cutting it every day.
    Another reason why we shouldn’t use animals as test subjects is because they can die from it. If that animal was your pet rabbit, dog or cat would you want that happening to them? On debate.Org, it states, “I know if it was my dog I would not want people poking her with needles testing a drug that would potentially kill humans as well as the animal.

• People with a heart would say no.

Think about your animals would you want people going out and killing them? I know if it was my dog I would not want people poking her with needles testing a drug that would potentially kill humans as well as the animal. It seems like a stupid idea! Say no if you know what's right.

• People with a heart would say no.

• This is not okay!

I feel that is is horrible. I get they are trying to make medicine to cure animals, but these animals are dying in pain. Practically these animals are being poisoned. We need to stop this hurt towards animals. If you are an animal lover like me you would almost feel the pain the poor animals have to suffer everyday. THIS NEEDS TO STOP , IT IS TORTURE FOR THOSE ANIMALS.

• It Is A Form Of Torture

We all get that we need to test animals to learn about how certain drugs and viruses work. Instead of injecting a animal with such things, maybe we should go out and find a animal who already has the disease or virus. That would be more moral than injecting a healthy animal and then trying the new drug on the animal.