• Yes, it is good for them.

I think they should be a source of entertainment because it provides them with a home and they are also provided with food. This also protects them against the wild and against many predators.
    It can also be used as a source of entertainment as they will feel safe and secure in the circus.

• We should understand.

No. It is exploitation. Even though some circuses claim that animals enjoy performing and that animals are treated well, overall, the practice just exploits animals that are typically meant to live in the wild or at least in a zoo habitat that resembles the wild. Being trained to do tricks for other people's entertainment is a form of slavery.

• Animals are awesome

We need animals in the circus as they are so much fun and they entertain you so much more than what a circus with no animals would. I agree that some circus's may treat their animals badly, but most do not, so why ban all circus's with animals when only a few circus's do the wrong thing. A solution would be to ban the circus's that treat their animals badly, but not all.

• Yes, let animals perform!

Everyone loves the circus. And what child doesn't love elephants? Ringling Bros. Seeks to preserve elephants with their Center for Elephant conservation and circus elephants have on average, longer life spans than even zoo elephants. It is good for them to be enriched with performing. The animals are well taken care of and animal rights groups seek to exploit these issues to stir up trouble and fundraising. 4

• We should understand!

Yes, it is good for them. I think they should be a source of entertainment because it provides them with a home and they are also provided with food. This also protects them against the wild and against many predators. It can also be used as a source of entertainment as they will feel safe and secure in the circus.

• Yes it's brill in the citrus

Because they are protected and the circus is very funny and entertaining they have nice owners If they are endangered it might save them! I think that animals have fun in the citrus and enjoy parading around I think that small animals probably have a better life in the circus. I think it's unfair on our country that want to see them perform because some countries allow it

• Animals are treated well

The circus animals are well fed, and they have friends and owners who look after them. They are happy and they have a home. When they are trained, that are given a break between tricks. When they perform, there is a different crowd very night and they are treated with respect.

• Yes, first off....

Instead of banning zoo’s we should ensure the relevant safety measures are taking care of. To make sure that none of the animals are to escape or hurt anyone or anything.
    Secondly.....To keep animals from being beaten and being treated badly the zoo owner should do background checks on all of his employees.
    Shall I go on?!?!

• Animals are not being hurt

Animals are having a fun time. Unless the circus owners are beating and abusing their animals then there should be no problem. No animals are being down right mistreated and abused in the circus. The animals themselves seem to enjoy performing in the circus and it makes children happy. Like little old sue.

• My own opinion

Yes because makes the audience more engaged and more interested but if there isn't it isn't that amusing. Plus animals doing tricks is awesome. So that is what I think you guys might think something else though this is what I think. My opinion. What do you think yes or no

• This is physically abusing the animal.

The animal need a lot of training and it isn't easy, what is the animal attacks someone who is responsible for the animals action?

Also you are not keeping them in free space its to crowded for them to move. You are whipping them because of them not listening to you and that's hurting them and no one likes getting hurt physically

From 1994 to 2005 at least 31 elephants have died. I think that seeing people perform their tricks is just fine.

#1. Animals born in circuses are NEVER released back into the wild.
    #2. Trainers use whips, bull hooks,clubs,and electric prods on the animal would you like to be treated that way?
    #3. Animals spend about 11 months a year traveling almost half a year. They spend thousands of countless hours traveling over long distances, being forced to lie or stand in their own waste
    #4. In the wild animals live freely and walk or run many miles for food, in the circus they are given unfresh food instead of being able to hunt and are being forced to spend hours being trapped in limited space instead of being able to roam freely.
    #5. If an animal is endangered, you want to protect it, so having these animals here cant help it grow of reproduce.

• This is wrong so wrong no way

Animals were meant to live I the wild not circus tents. All I can say is how would you feel if you we're taken out of your home and put in a cage to learn party tricks? No you wouldn't would you you'd be taken away from your family, your home, your life, your everything.
    Animals should no way be used in circuses!

• Animals are Innocent

We should not take their freedom, they have life they have to choose how they want to live. We should not force any animals to do something because in the process we humans torture them which is against the nature. We should not entertain people by torturing speechless animals. Please please do not encourage CIRCUS.

• Animals are not clowns!

I personally believe, that animals are meant to be wild and free. I do not agree with animals being in Circuses, because that is not their nature nor their habitat, so it is like having them in prison.

I am pretty sure that they are abused physical and emotionally, I truly believe that animals do feel more than we actually want to recognize.

Allowing animals to perform in circuses, commonly cause that those animals act against their own trainers, in other cases, hurting innocent people around them.

This is something we can avoid, letting the animals to be at their own habitat, and having people with specials skills who can entertain us at circuses.

• Animals are not for our entertainment

The conducts exposed by animals in circuses are clearly not that of them in a natural state. Starting there, we are making animals behave in different ways, causing them trauma (physical and psycological during training); besides, the caging and traveling can not guarantee the best spacing and food requirements for the animals to be healthy

• Animals are not performing freaks!

Circuses are not a legitimate form of entertainment, it should be banned worldwide. Animals suffer psychological and emotional trauma when trained. More so, the housing conditions leave much to be desired...They are cramped and forced to live in small cages.The animal circus industry personifies inhumanity and cruelty! Circuses are not educational in the least!

• No animals in circuses

Because it's cruel and animals should be free, not performing pointless tricks.They deserve to be free, not performing in a dusty tent. The only place where exotic creatures should be seen is in a zoo or on TV in the wild. If the animals were common then they are allowed to be kept as pets (as long as their treated nicely) but how many people have tigers for everyday pets? It’s just not right to keep to keep them unfairly detained. I mean do they really, truly want to be caged at night, put in front of hundreds of eyes and made to be people’s entertainment? Spending life locked alone until it's time to rehearse or perform and traveling from town to town is not a healthy and happy life for exotic animals who perform in circuses.

• Animals should never be allowed in circuses, or even in movies.

Baby elephants usually are torn from their mothers after birth by being tethered neck-to-neck with an "anchor" elephant and dragged from their mothers. After this, they are broken by being bound in a room with concrete floors with shackles on their feet, and some baby elephants take over 6 months before some may stop struggling and fighting against these chains. After this they use domination, electricity, and bull hooks to force the baby elephants to train how they want them to, and they are completely at the mercy of the trainer.

Sam Haddock, a former trainer for Ringling Bros., states, "During these training sessions, the baby is screaming and struggling the whole time." He also says, "Training techniques used by Gary Johnson include a lot of manpower, brute force, electricity, and a savage disposition."

This barbaric and violent training process goes on in secret, out of the public's view, completely unmonitored by any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency.

The only reason these elephants perform the way they do is out of fear from the consequences if they don't.

• Animals should definitely NOT perform in circuses, or any other scenario, such as "elephant massage".

First, elephants are endangered. None of the acts performed by them in any sort of performance is performed out of fear. None of these acts have ever been witnessed in the wild. They are confined to an area just large enough to stand in, much needed medications for ailments caused my maltreatment is very rarely given. Watch just one video of elephant abuse in circuses and I am confident you will change your mind.