Should Ann Collins Johns have been so personally insulted by the president's statement that people can make more money with skilled manufacturing than an art history degree?

• I Think She Was

I believe Ann Collins Johns should have been personally insulted by the president's statement that people can make more money with skilled manufacturing than an art history degree. The truth here in America is the fact that jobs aren't easy to come by in either of those fields and the idea that one pays better is actually false.

• One should not be offended by matters of fact.

Ann Collins Johns offense at the president's remark of fact that skilled manufacturing pays more than art history is one she is entitled to be offended by, but should not be surprised if no one cares that she is offended. If one looks at collected data on who makes more in which field it is no contest and there is no reason to be offended by the facts of life.

• No she needs tougher skin

No she needs to get some tougher skin. Art History Degrees are okay to have but really how many people in realistic world are studying art history? Not many at all, but there are more people looking to be employeed by skilled manufacturing companies than everything else that is around.

• She was angry because he was right.

She can feel whatever she wants without my permission. However, I'm sure the major reason that statement upset her so much is because she knows it was correct. It's probably something she's been hearing for most of her life. But passion and practicality often don't go hand in hand, so she should really build a bridge and get over it.

• No, Ann Collins Johns should not have been insulted by the president's words.

I do not think that Ann Collins Johns should have been so personally insulted by the president's statement that people can make more money with skilled manufacturing than an art history degree because it's true. Just because someobdy wants to go to college and learn a certain subject, it doesn't always mean it's a degree that will make them successful.