• Art is good

Art has some meaning to it. Art is needed to be required so you can learn way more about art. Art is a good thing to help you learn, and learn different techniques of how they did art back them in the olden days. Art can really help you learn.

• People learn skills

Art opens up students minds and they develop skills that are going to help them in life of other classes. For example, med students take art classes so they can learn to empathize with their patients. Art can also be a stress reliever since it helps people express their feelings.

• Art Helps you be Creative

Art activates bot hemispheres of your brain. It helps you express your feeling so you are not depressed. It also helps you feel better about your self and who you are. It is very helpful to those like me. That is why I think it should be required. But eh its your choice
    -Vinyl_Scratch

• Not for women.

Women should just learn how to cook because they shouldn't be allowed in public school to distract our strong young males. They should stay home, cook, and cover up when they absolutely have to go outside. I bought my daughter a chastity belt and I haven't regretted it since. The bible is great.

• Art is not ALWAYS needed in higher grade levels

Art should be instituted in classrooms every year possibly only up to the high school level. In high school, kids are starting to figure out their careers and what they want to do with their life. If art is not related to their chosen career path, it may not be nessacary to their success and a waste of their time. Art is very useful for learning various skills at a younger age but may not be completely needed at a higher level of learning

• That's just authoritarian and confirmation bias.

To say that "art is useful" is just an opinion, not objectively true. Art is what you make it. I of course encourage creativity, but not dogmatic assertion that something is useful because the people that assert this happened to like it. Nor should you support something that is not always objectively practical. And I sure do not encourage forcing someone to take something that is not objectively practical, that just makes people hate it when you use circular arguments like "it'll be good for you."

• Only For the people that actually want to

Art should be an elective, like most schools have it. I don't think it should be required because art isn't for everyone. Just because a lot of people like art as a way to express themselves, doesn't mean other people like it. Some people probably prefer other things. So no, they shouldn't require it for everyone because it would just frustrate the kids that don't enjoy it.

• Art isn't for everyone

Art shouldn't be a required class. Don't get me wrong I love art, but to make it required would be a mistake. Like a music class it is great and you can learn things, but for someone who doesn't like to draw, paint, or sculpt, they wouldn't learn anything they would use in life and it would be a waist. And for those people who do want to learn in the class they would have people who don't want to be there disrupting the class and it would be over all less productive and enjoyable.

• Art isn't for everyone