Should assault weapons be banned from citizen use in the U.S.?

• Assault weapons should not be in the hands of private citizens.

Assault weapons should be banned for use by private citizens. There is absolutely no reason why a person needs an assault weapon. Guns have many uses. They offer protection from wildlife in rural areas as well as protection from crime. Assault weapons are not for protection. They are for killing. There is no place in society for assault weapons � there is no practical use or necessity. These weapons should be for use only by the military and law enforcement, and even then only in the most extreme circumstances.

• Citizens have no justifiable need for assault weapons in the United States.

Civilians do not have a justifiable need for military style assault weapons in the United States. The type of ammunition they use would do far too much damage to hunting game for it too still be consumable. Private citizens looking to protect themselves also do not need a magazine worth of ammunition to deter criminals.

• Yes, citizens have no use for assault weapons and they are too dangerous for civilian use.

Ciivilians have no use for assault weapons. They are not for hunting or sport and they are only used to kill, which is against the law. Individuals can bear arms to protect themselves in their homes well with standard pistols and rifles. Assault weapons on the streets only make them more dangerous overall.

• What is an assault weapon?

When you try to prohibit something without properly defining it, all you do is leave it to interpretation of a human.
    Say I own an SKS (non detachable 10 round magazine) even in california it is not considered an assault weapon, however I decide to add a fowar grip, which the only thing it does is help me control the firearm in a safer way, then it is considered an assault weapon, it is complete nonsense.
    I live in Argentina, a country where gun legislation is extremely strict (no concealed carry, no "assault weapons", and extremely expensive licenses and gun taxes), and the only people with guns are criminals, and they not ony have knives (which are also illegal to carry), they have REAL assault weapons (M4s, FN FALs,etc) all fully automatic completely banned from civilian use and bearing, the result: A very powerful government (too powerful some may say), too powerful criminals (therefore a corrupted and scared police force), and naked civilians...
    Taking such liberties away from citizens was a very bad decision where I live and many other places. Hopefully the United States won't commit the same mistake.

• Understand why we have arms in the first place.

Yes, yes, we all hear the arguments"guns are used for protection". And the counterargument to that is always "no one needs to fend of home intruders with an 'assault weapon'". But people overlook the very purpose that we have this right to begin with. The right to bear arms was implemented so that citizens may have protection- against a tyrannical government.

Perhaps it is not necessary to fend off a burglar with a semi-automatic, but as the government obtains increasingly sophisticated technologies, the people should be able to counter those technologies. To defend ourselves from said government, and as our second amendment suggested, we must form our own militia in opposition. And an effective militia must have effective tools.

See, the debate is so simple. People overlook the elephant standing in the middle of the room; perhaps they somehow never noticed it to begin with. It is much more than individualized self-defense. It is the defense of the national- the people. We -do- have a use for assault weapons (just not yet).

• First of all: what's an assault weapon?

Part of the problem with a ban on assault weapons is that there's so little definition for what an assault weapon really is. When does one gun qualify as an assault weapon and another gone does not? Is it the color? the size? the caliber? the amount of ammunition it can carry before it is reloaded? It seems to be all about whether it LOOKS scary, rather than a quantifiable or technical term. How can you really ban something without defining which things need to be banned and which things are okay?

sarahbarbara175 says2017-12-28T03:27:04.660
URGENT EFFECTIVE LOVE-SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND BACK FAST. Unityspelltemple@gmail.Com is certainly the best spell caster online, and his result is 100% guarantee.
I am Sarah Barbara from USA, after 4 years of relationship with my boyfriend,
he broke up me and brought in another Girl, i did all i could to get him back
but all proved abortive, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a
website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told
me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me.
28 hours later, my boyfriend really called me and told me that he miss me so much,
So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,
and for the pain he caused me . Then from that day,
Our relationship was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr Unity. He is so powerful and i decided
to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble,
if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now.
Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.Com ,
you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,
you can also visit his website: https://unityspelltempe.blogspot.com .