• It's a Virus

If someone is sick with the flu, there's no point in yelling at him or her. As the book the "God Virus" suggests, Religious belief is a meme that acts like an infection of the human nervous system. Sometimes it's evil; then there is a problem. Try and spread this counter-acting meme which requires no superstition. DON'T MURDER, TORTURE, RAPE. DO HELP OTHERS WHEN FEASIBLE, PRACTICAL, SENSIBLE, AND FUN. Look Ma, no God!

• Let's just drop it.

I think everyone just needs to take a chill pill and realize that if someone doesn't want to be religious that's their choice (and loss) and if someone wants to be religious then that's their choice too. I don't give two $h1ts what anyone wants to believe so long as their not strongly pressing it on others.

• Only because of teachings.

The simple fact is that atheists and theists are only at war because atheists are not part of a particular religion, and are therefore evil according to their teachings, because they do not believe in a particular god. Which is completely illogical, you shouldn't hate someone because they're not religious, even if they do not believe in your god(s).

• This is kind of grey

I'm an atheist and I argue with religious people because I think religion is ignorance. It causes hate and violence and I jjust want it gone.
    Let me show you a few bible verses so you can see what I'm taking about.
    Leviticus 20:13 "if a man lies with a man as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood is upon them"

Deuteronomy 17 "If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die"

• A Truce--Not Going to Help

Although I understand how tiresome and pointless the issue seems for people of neither side (and perhaps some of a side) there are various issues with that statement. First (and most importantly) a truce implies a compromise. For Theists like myself that is unthinkable, because that is like compromising your faith. Secondly, you are talking about two spread out groups. Both, shall we say, leaders of the groups have died an earthly death. Thirdly, just because Christians disagree with Atheists doesn't mean that we hate them. I hope the same is true vise versa.