• Atheists have to spread their ideas and connect to bigger public.

TV channel gives opportunity to spread an idea, educate and get connected to the people. Every community on earth has a tv channel to spread their idea. Religion has its stronghold on earth because they have their own tv channel. Christian network like daystar, god tv, hope channel help spreading christianity worldwide. By the same way an atheist tv channel will help spread atheists idea worldwide. More and more people will get out of the clutch of religion and the world would be a better place.

• A channel based on skepticism would be great

A channel dedicated to positive atheism and the promotion for the separation of church and state will be great to have available on the television. Having a channel readily available to challenge those that believe in nonsensical things without empirical evidence I feel will stimulate viewers to think for themselves, question everything, and I think it will open a lot of doors to endless possibilities.

• Madalyn Murray O'Hair had a radio and and a television show she hosted, American Atheist Forum, was carried on more than 140 cable television systems http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/Madalyn_Murray_O'Hair

Bill Maher has had a few funny specials on Christianity and atheism, but, you don’t see them that often.

There used to be a TV show in Austin, TX by Madalyn Murray O’Hair who founded the organization American Atheists. She served as its president from 1963 to 1986. She was assassinated on September 29, 1995 in San Antonio, TX.

She is best known for the Murray v. Curlett lawsuit, which led to a landmark Supreme Court ruling ending official Bible-reading in American public schools in 1963. This came one year after the Supreme Court prohibited officially sponsored prayer in schools in Engel v. Vitale. O'Hair later founded American Atheists and became so controversial that in 1964 Life magazine referred to her as "the most hated woman in America".

In 1995 she was kidnapped, murdered, and her body mutilated, along with her son Jon Murray and granddaughter Robin Murray O'Hair, by former American Atheist office manager David Roland Waters.

O'Hair founded an atheist radio program in which she criticized religion and theism, and a television show she hosted, American Atheist Forum, was carried on more than 140 cable television systems.

I lived in San Antonio, TX in the 1980’s and watched her show; it was somewhat boring; but, she was a very smart lady who knew that our government, i.E., Presidents, and all other politicians was breaking the rules laid down by our founding fathers about separation of church and the government.

She was big at pointing out how politicians are violating the Separation of Church and State clause of the U.S. Constitution very often.

I thought it was funny that there was an Atheist TV Show on in Texas, since it is such a Bible State with many religious fanatics.

There really isn’t much to discuss about atheism, except how many politicians are actually breaking the law by praying and talking about religion in public and using it to get votes. They are endorsing a religion which is against the Constitution, but get away with it by saying it is a Universal God. It is all BS.

All politicians are hypocrites and will do anything to get votes. Like Obama putting his left hand on two stacked bibles, one of which was supposedly King’s bible.

The number of atheists is growing steadily in the more secular wealthy countries, especially among the more educated.

It is hard to stop religious brainwashing, since they attacked the kids at such young ages, starting in Bible school when the kids are under five years of age. Kids are told they will go to Hades and burn. But, it is the fear factor that makes most kids believe in the Superstitious nonsense of God, Heaven, Hades, angels, miracles, etc.

I would love to see an Atheism TV show in prime time being hosted by Bill Maher, but, it will never happen because no one will sponsor or pay to advertise.

• Why the hell not?

Everyone else under the freaking sun has a television channel these days. There is no good reason to ban atheists from having one too.
    I have The Atheist Experience on my Roku, and both my husband and I quite enjoy it and the similar shows available. Sadly it is difficult to find good programs on skepticism and rationality because dimwitted sensationalism is what gets ratings.

• For What Reason?

It appears that everyone on the yes side for now is just hating on Christianity, rather than taking into account the other dozens of active religions in the world today. Atheism by definition isn't "the bashing of Christians" as many today apparently believe it is.

With that in mind, what would be the purpose of the TV channel? To debunk religion? Many religions have strong backgrounds and can't be discarded through petty reasoning. I say petty because science can not explain an overwhelming amount of things, which begs the question, how to go about it? Most religions practice peace, love, and respect.

I would also like to point of that atheism is the lack of a supreme being or beings. This by definition means that where there is no God, there is no religion, an absence, and atheism is in place. If you do not see where I'm getting at, then you're just discriminating against religion. A great deal of TV shows, public events, private events, and many other do not credit a supreme being. It's atheism in its true form - the absence of. Again, are you really suggesting a show just to bash on religion?

• No longer a 'non-belief'

In discussions between Atheists and Christians, especially in regards to the individual processes behind one's belief, that Atheism is nothing more than a non-belief and therefore isn't really a belief system. I've always seen that as a sort of cop-out argument, but something like an atheist TV channel would be evidence to show that it's not solely a non-belief.

If atheism were nothing more than a non-belief, it wouldn't advocate for anything and would not benefit from any kind of content on a TV network. However, if atheism is a tangible belief system (an assertion that there is no God instead of choosing to believe in none), there's no reason not to found a network like this.

I'm not saying all atheists claim that atheism is nothing but a non-belief, but something like this would take away access to any arguments that make that claim.

• I am an atheist.

Viewing myself as an atheist. I can't see why we would need a channel. The religious people get channels because they actually do something to it, like programming based on teaching God, and stuff like that. Since atheism is a non-religion, there's really nothing we would need to put on that channel.

Disquisition says2013-09-18T04:23:39.910
Well I mean anyone can get a TV show if they got the mula